We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the weather around Grand Teton NP 5/3 to 5/8

Which Jackson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How is the weather around Grand Teton NP 5/3 to 5/8

Having never been to Grand Teton I'm not sure if this answer you're question, but I do know of a weather site that allows you to search weather conditions by date. For example if you want to know what the weather is normally like for a certain date for a certain city put in the city name in the search area, then scroll down until you see a date drop box.

The site is www.weatherundergound.com

Not sure if this helps, but thought I'd mention it.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the weather around Grand Teton NP 5/3 to 5/8

Cold, wet, windy and snowing. Or warm, sunny, dry.

Changes 3-5 times a day.

If you don't like the weather, just hang out for a 1/2 hour, it'll change.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the weather around Grand Teton NP 5/3 to 5/8

C&D - Sorry, that post was a bit abrupt. True, but it didn't answer your question.

You should have no problems with road conditions in early May. I am currently working in Moose, at the southern entrance to GTNP, and live in Jackson. I have been driving on dry or wet roads for 2 weeks or so. No ice and only an occasional bit of snow here & there.

Sandy was right about weatherunderground.com. That is the site I check in the morning. They get there data from the airport, 10 miles north. It's usually about 10F warmer than they predict. Click on "more about jhscott - more info from previous posts.

Barring an oddball snowstorm, or a little early morning ice on Teton Pass, you shouldn't worry about road conditions. Just be flexible in your plans and roll with it.

Lots to do here, if the weather is crummy, there is plenty to do around town.

Hope this helps.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
491 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the weather around Grand Teton NP 5/3 to 5/8

Great to hear this. We are also traveling to Grand Teton and will be in Jackson the second week of May.

4. Re: How is the weather around Grand Teton NP 5/3 to 5/8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 29, 2009