We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

Hello Wyoming ~ Well, we're back from our long weekend in Evanston and we had an absolutely marvelous time! I'll post my Trip Report in a series of replies day by day. Meantime, here's the 4-1-1 on us:

Our party: DH (43YO), YT ("yours truly," 45YO) and DS (13YO)

Why Evanston: we needed a vacay, but due to time and $$ constraints (DH & I are in process of renovating a house) we couldn't go too far or spend too long. DH had passed through Evanston en route to Jackson Hole on personal business 5 years ago and the town made a good impression on him, so he suggested Evanston, and the rest as they say is history!

So... Day 1 to come shortly... hope y'all enjoy reading.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

Thanks to all for your kind compliments!

Kbecjeans: seeing as though Evanston is just 90 minutes or so out of SLC, it would certainly make for an easy weekender for you.

Tet14: Actually, Redd Foxx goes back to "Sanford and Son," which I understand was based on a show (on BBC?) called "Steptoe and Son." And don't remind me how long ago it was, hee hee hee....

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

Great report, you certainly have a way with words. Not to mention an eye for detail that most never include in their reports. Enjoyed reading about your trip. Like RedRox said, sometimes we need those "pick up our boots and go" type of getaways. Thanks for sharing.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

Thanks STL! I'm delighted to see that you are now planning a trip to YNP & GTNP.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,931 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

Thanks STL! I'm delighted to see that you are now planning a trip to YNP & GTNP.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,906 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

Well, I've certainly been to Evanston often enough...I know where the best fireworks are, the Subway, the Walmart, the cheapest gas, but our favorite mexican restaurant closed, and while I was in high school there was a certain group of folks I know who would make a run up there for a keg of beer, don't know if that still happens. It is a great stop on the way to the Uintas or Bear Lake, but I have yet to spend more than an hour there. I don't even know if they still have the horse races though I am sure they do, Wyoming Downs race track is still there. So your adventure gave you a more thorough knowledge for sure.

Traveling the US
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

I just spent a delightful half hour visiting Evanston with you and your companions. Great travel descriptions and a nice "guide" voice. I definitely would like to travel there as the beauty and the people sound great. Thanks :)

Traveling the US
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

I just spent a delightful half hour visiting Evanston with you and your companions. Great travel descriptions and a nice "guide" voice. I definitely would like to travel there as the beauty and the people sound great. Thanks :)

18. Re: TR: Evanston, Wyoming 10/22-25/09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 29, 2010