We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

Hi! We are heading out to Cody on our way to Yellowstone and would like to go to the rodeo next Sunday night, Aug. 5th. I saw that you can buy tickets online. Is there a chance it will be soldout? There are only three of us - not sure how busy it is and I don't want to miss out!

Thanks so much! :)

Tracy

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

Hello,

We visited in July and there was no need to book ahead - just arrive early to get your seat in the area nearest the stalls from which the bulls are released - the view is much better! That half of the stadium was full - the other side was nearly empty.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

Thanks!! I was thinking that, but wanted to be sure! That is our one chance at a real rodeo. :) What did you think of it? Was it a fun time? We have a 7 year old so he should enjoy it (as will we!)

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
6,119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

You can also buy tickets at multiple places throughout Cody. Most hotels and campgrounds along with different stores sell them. We've always enjoyed the Cody rodeo. It's not the biggest rodeo or the fanciest but they put on a decent and entertaining show.

Deb

New Jersey
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

We bought our tickets at the Buffalo Bill Dam, on our drive into Cody, as we had stopped there anyway.

Our grown children thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the rodeo, as did we ourselves. It's almost 2 hours long, and can get windy and chilly, so bring a sweater.

We were in the stadium at 7:30 p.m. and had to take seats pretty high up. Still, the view was good, and we could see the cowboys getting ready in the stalls right below. Make sure to walk around to the opposite side of the stadium from the entrance.

Mentioned in this post
Buffalo Bill Dam
Buffalo Bill Dam
740 Reviews
Cody, WY
Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
71 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

We purchased our tickets same day and about half hour after the show started as a last minute decision at the rodeo stadium. No need to book ahead or elsewhere.

Ps... Park your car closest to the road/left hand side of the stadium (if you are looking at the stadium) for easy access leaving the show.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

Hi again,

Yes we enjoyed it, having never been to a rodeo, and I would have gone back again. There were even some children taking part in the rodeo so I am sure your children will enjoy themselves. It seemed a very family friendly atmosphere to me and there were other children there as spectators.

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

No need to book ahead. Tickets are sold in town at several places, bought mine at the Irma Hotel, and the Rodeo grounds before the show. Kids should have fun.

8. Re: tickets for the rodeo - do I need to buy them ahead of time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 03, 2013