We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Cody?

Troy, Michigan
Level Contributor
372 posts
469 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Cody?

We'll be spending one night in Cody at the end of August. I booked The Cody but I'm wondering if Cody Cowboy Village would be a better choice. I'm open to other suggestions too. We're 2 adults in our fifties. We're not into bed and breakfasts and we'd rather not stay in a chain.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
626 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Cody?

I like Cody Cowboy Village because it was the first place I ever stayed in Cody in 2007. It had just opened then so it is still fairly new. The rooms are in cabin looking modules, but done in a nice modern way. Some are freestanding.

The grounds are beautiful, and in general there isn't potential for a huge crowd of people here. I loved the cleanliness of the rooms and the beds are very nice. I have always gotten a king room. There is no tub, just a stand up shower, but it is large. I also love the nice big white fluffy towels which have always looked clean and felt fresh. The pool is more of a soaking size rather than a swim type pool, but I just enjoyed sitting out on the little porch and watching the big rabbits eat around the grass. I slept very well and had no problem with noise. It is also close to the rodeo although we drove. Walk out around the area around dusk and watch the rabbits, they are so cute.

They have a fairly nice continental breakfast in the main lodge area, not elaborate, but nice. The staff are always very nice. I would stay here again. I haven't been to the Cody, so can't advise. Good luck with your choice.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,589 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Cody?

We love the Cody Cowboy Village. We would not stay anywhere else. The staff and owners are super nice and helpful. In fact the last time we were there the owners sat and ate breakfast with us and gave us lots of great hints on what to see and do in the area.

Atwater, MN
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Cody?

We stayed at the Cody Cowboy Village on Aug 1. A great location on the west side of town. No traffice to fight after a day of traveling.The unit was very nice and clean. Enjoyed sitting on the front deck having a cold lemonade and relaxing as the sun went down. We were greeted by a well trained staff who's only focus was to meet our needs as we checked in for the night. A good light breakfast in the morning to start the day. We would and will recommend the Cowboy Village to other. We would stay here again.

4. Re: Where to stay in Cody?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 07, 2012