We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cody hotels

Which Cody hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cody hotels

Hi

Could anybody advise me as to hotel choice for July. I have narrowed the choice to Cody Legacy Inn or Beartooth Inn. How far are these from the rodeo? Or would we be better staying at the Best Western?

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,931 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cody hotels

Cody Cowboy Village would be first choice and Best Western second choice.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cody hotels

We stayed at the Cody Legacy Inn this past summer and really liked it. The beds were very comfortable,and the rooms are very clean. The staff appeared to be very hard working and were most helpful. We liked the rustic feel of the logpole furniture. The Legacy is only a few miles from the rodeo. We liked it because it was away from the busier downtown.

Hvae a good trip! Cody is awesome!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cody hotels

Thanks for your help. Are there places to eat near the Legacy or would we have to go downtown. If so is this a drive or walking distance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,931 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cody hotels

There is a place for breakfast across from Cody Cowboy Village, a diner next to the Best Western and the other restaurants are in downtown Cody.

Wyoming Chop House in downtown has good steaks.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cody hotels

We drove to the main street to eat. It's only about 1-2 miles or so, and parking is plentiful. Most places have their own lots. We particularly liked the Sunset House Restaurant. We also ate at Granny's, but we didn't like it nearly as well as the Sunset. The Wyoming Rib and Chop House on the main street gets fantastic reviews on this site, but unfortunately, we ran out of time.

Cody is a pretty small town, but it has quite a bit packed into a small area. I think you will really enjoy it.

You mention the rodeo, but the main attraction there is the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. It's 5 museums rolled into one, and believe me when I say you can spend 4-5 hours there! It's really one of the most impressive museums I have toured.

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cody hotels

I second the Best Western Sunset Inn - read my review under the hotel section - and downtown is a very short drive - the rodeo is very close. The restaurant that is next to the Best Western is also owned by the Best Western and is great. Good home cooking, reasonable prices and great service. Be sure to try a light lunch out on the porch of the Irma Hotel downtown.

Don't miss the museum.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cody hotels

Thanks ror all your replies. Think we have decided on the Best Western, but just wondered if anybody could comment on the size of rooms. We would want to book a double queen; there are 2 options but one is listed as a smaller room but at a lower price. Any comments.

Thanks

Kansas City, MO
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cody hotels

On our trip last summer it was my husband, me, our 14 yr old dd, and my husband's best friend, so we needed a room large enough to afford some privacy.

We had a "suite". You walked into the room into a small hallway, to the left was a bedroom with it's own door. It had a queen size bed, TV, Desk and bureau and it's own complete bathroom. If you didn't go into that first bedroom and walked straight down the hall through a door, you came to a full bath on your left, then on to the bedroom itself. This had 2 queen beds, TV, DVD player, armoire, microwave, mini fridge and was very spacious. I believe the room ran us about $160.00 per night with our AAA discount.

It looked to me like they had combined a single room with a double room, but was so perfect for our situation.

As I said in my review of this motel, the room was very clean, updated and each bathroom was stocked with toiletries. Even a body wash and shampoo/conditioner dispenser mounted the walls of the tub. They had makeup remover towelettes and a hair dryer in both bathrooms and each had it's own coffee maker.

The grounds were immaculate and in tip top shape. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were wonderful, a very large hottub in with the indoor pool, a great exercise room located inside with the indoor pool, laundry facilities, playground and the the staff was wonderful.

Be sure to eat at the Sunset Family Restaurant, right across the parking lot. It is also owned by the owner of the Best Western. Food was so good and service was exceptional.

The continental breakfast in the lobby was pretty good, pancakes, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, muffins, fruit and juices and coffee.

morgonton, nc
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cody hotels

I got a good rate at the Beartooth -using AAA for August. They also have a deluxe cont. breakfast.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cody hotels

JRholidays ,

For some good eating and Western history, check out the Hotel Irma !!

http://www.irmahotel.com/html/history.html