We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation advice please.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
523 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation advice please.

Our flight arrives in Denver at 5.35pm. After we collect our luggage and hire car, we hope to drive on the I25 north before stopping for an overnight. We will be tired and driving on the 'wrong' side of the road for us, so realise we cannot go too far. Once we are on the I25, is it a straight road to and through Cheyenne? Is there a hotel in Cheyenne that would be VERY easy for us to access ,or would we have enough time to drive to Wheatfield, that seems a quieter place?

Appreciate any help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
34,283 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation advice please.

Cheyenne is fine but I would not drive if it were getting dark. We have stopped there before and in Fort Collins. Actually found more to eat and hotels close to interstate in Fort Collins, CO.

We were on our way to the Black Hills of SD or Yellowstone.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,660 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation advice please.

I assume you're traveling during the summer.

>Once we are on the I25, is it a straight road to and through Cheyenne?

Yes. It's a minimum of 2 lanes in each direction, limited access, and easy driving. Note that Wyoming speed limits are possibly higher than you're used to, but just stay in the right lane and you should be fine.

>Is there a hotel in Cheyenne that would be VERY easy for us to access ,or would we have enough time to drive to Wheatfield, that seems a quieter place?

I assume you mean Wheatland. If you don't mind driving at night, you can reach Wheatland, which is a small town right on the highway with easy access to the couple of motels in town. And it's a short drive to the Shamrock Saloon. If you overnight in Cheyenne, there are numerous motels near the highway with easy access.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
523 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation advice please.

We arrive on the 7th September and yes I did mean Wheatland! Thanks for the very helpful information. The Shamrock Saloon is particularly relevant to us, as we are coming from Ireland! I think we will be too tired to visit but will bear it in mind when we are travelling back to Denver.

4. Re: Accommodation advice please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, March 15, 2017