We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

We are driving from Cheyenne to Rapid City on Friday October 4th. I see 70% chance of snow forecasted for southeast WY but no indication how many inches. Anyone have a better forecast? Are we talking a couple of inches or a couple of feet?

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

weather channel is saying 6" possible for lower altitudes.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

Do you think it would be worth driving on to Torrington on Thursday night? We are flying into Denver that afternoon...

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

I'd spend the night in Cheyenne and let the snow people do their magic. I'd also have a hotel/motel reservation because if they close 80, these hotels/motels fill up very quickly. Days Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn are all very close to the highway and to food. I don't think you'll have any trouble at all. Forecast is for Thursday night and into Friday morning. Roads should be AOK by the time you're done with breakfast. Just don't get up at dawn. :)

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

thanks - we have reservations at the Plains Hotel for Thursday - I take it you don't mean that we should make reservations along the way to Rapid City, just in case... supposed to be picking up a Jeep Cherokee "or similar" at Alamo in Denver - pretty good deal through CostCo - it just better not turn out to be a 2WD!

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

couple of good place to eat if you're staying at the Plains. I'd walk over to the Albany for dinner.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

thanks - we'll check it out. :-)

Restaurant, bar, and discount liquor store - sounds perfect!!

Edited: 4:54 pm, October 01, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

read some history of The Albany. notice the location of the depot.

http://www.albanycheyenne.com/

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

You might enjoy the Wyoming Tales and Trails site. Cheyenne is in page one of the General Index.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

cheyenne depot webcam will bring up the webcam that is in the top of The Depot. your hotel is the white building on the right. Albany is the lighter red brick building with the white sign on the bottom left of the screen. The Capitol Bldg is straight up the street from the cam.

10. Re: How much snow are we talking about on Friday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, February 05, 2015