We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to spend a day in the Cheyenne area

Which Cheyenne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to spend a day in the Cheyenne area

I will be in the Cheyenne area June 7-8, 2013 and am trying to figure out how best to spend the time. I've never been up that way and tried to find some hiking in Medicine Bow between Cheyenne and Laramie but was told when I called that hiking trails in that area are closed until they can spray for the pine beetles. It seems like the part of Medicine Bow west of Laramie is pretty but definitely a much farther drive that I'm not sure is worth the investment for the short amount of time I'm up there. Besides the trolley tour in Cheyenne, is there any hiking or historical site close by that is worth it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Level Contributor
145 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to spend a day in the Cheyenne area

there are some very good hiking trails in Curt Gowdy State Park.

there are many historical sites to see in Cheyenne, including the Capitol Building and the Cheyenne Depot. The skylight in the Plains hotel is worth the visit- and touring Little America is like touring an art museum- have the lunch buffet while your're there. Tour the Terry Bison ranch - some great history there- or the Nelson Museum of the West on Carey.

2. Re: Best way to spend a day in the Cheyenne area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, June 10, 2014