We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness or Kalahari with Small Children

ELmhurst, IL
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wilderness or Kalahari with Small Children

We are a party of 2 families (one with a four-year old and 1 year old; one with a 2 1/2 year old) and travelling up to the Dells in February for a long weekend. We have been to the Dells once before and stayed at the Kalahari in a 3 bedroom "condo". It was very nice, but we were thinking Wilderness this year. The prices are MUCH better. We'd be in the Glacier Canyon Lodge connected ot the water parks, so no outdoor travel involved.

But is Wilderness best for small kids or is Kalahari better? Or is there another place that's even better? Wilderness seems to have so much more (restaurants, activities, etc.) but the reviews don't sound great. We enjoyed Kalahari but felt the food was pretty poor.

Thoughts??

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilderness or Kalahari with Small Children

My opinion -- I'd avoid both of those with kids that young. Both are much more geared toward older kids -- yes, the rooms are nice, but it's a long haul with the kids in the cold.

Polynesian is not as "fancy" but more young kid friendly.

BTW, there is a new Monk's Bar now open at Wilderness, so food there is now better.

Plainfield,Il.
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilderness or Kalahari with Small Children

I would suggest Wilderness on the lake. Beautiful condos and they have an small indoor waterpark that is perfect for toddlers. Check out the internet specials.

3. Re: Wilderness or Kalahari with Small Children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells