We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort for parents with very small child

Chicago
2 posts
Save Topic
Resort for parents with very small child

We have never been to the Dells and are newcomers to the Mid-West. We want get a feel for the Dells and feel that we will be frequent visitors as our 11 month old grows up ( and as family visits us). We aren't concerned about price - any help is greatly appreciated.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort for parents with very small child

I've run into people in the Dells who have stayed at the same mom and pop motel since they were kids and would never even consider spending a night at one of the "big boys." They've made that annual stay a part of their lives, and I think that's great!

There are others -- including some regular posters here -- who started out with smaller accomodations and change locations as their kids grow older. (My guess is that they will still go to the Dells when the kids are married and moved away, just step back to smaller places.)

I think it depends on if you want to start a tradition that you always stay at the same place, but it seems either choice makes people happy.

The Dells has fewer locally-owned and operated mom and pop motels these days, as the chains that avoided the area for years have moved in.

Your 11-month old is going to be happy whereever you stay. Pick the amenities you feel YOU need for the first trip.

My advice to you is to check out a number of places on the forum and in the rest of the Dells area here on TA, then make a few phone calls. You'll get an idea quickly which place you might want to call home for a few days -- and which one you won't. Then, while you are here, check out a few other places and see if you may want to make a change for the next trip. (By next summer, you'll also be looking for advice on attractions.)

Have Fun!

2. Re: Resort for parents with very small child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 15, 2009