We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Wolf Or Wilderness condo??

Chicago Il
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Great Wolf Or Wilderness condo??

I am trying to find the best place to rent a condo and I am in between the great wolf and the wilderness. Their will be 5 adults and 5 kids age from 6-12. Has anyone stayed at either and have an opinion. We need to keep the kids busy and they do love the water.Help please

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
963 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Wolf Or Wilderness condo??

I've stayed at the Wilderness several times and never had a problem; however, it was in the hotel and not the condos. Wilderness has expanded again this year with new waterparks and play areas. Your kids might enjoy Wiley's Woods which is next to Great Wolf, but you don't have to stay at Great Wolf to go there. I would choose Wilderness.

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Wolf Or Wilderness condo??

We absolutely love the condos at Wilderness on the Lake.

With that many people, you are better off getting a 3 bedroom condo.

We stayed at the CHula Vista condos and we were so disappointed we checked out and went back to the Wilderness. We have been there many times, so if you have any questions please ask.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Wolf Or Wilderness condo??

I'm planning a one night stay at the Wilderness on the Lake -- any tips on must do and must see things at this resort ? We will be a party of 4 adults and 3 children (8, 5, 2). Also are carry-ins allowed or are their any other tips on what to pack, etc.?

Lisbon, WI
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Wolf Or Wilderness condo??

We stay at the wilderness in a 3 bedroom condo every year at least once. They are great. They have two rooms each with two beds and one room with a king bed. There is also a loft with a pull out couch and a pull out couch in one of the rooms. One roll away also. They have a full kitchen and three full bathrooms. They will work very well for you.

I have also stayed at the great wolf a few years ago and I can tell you as far as keeping your kids busy, the wilderness blows the great wolf away. They have so much to do there between the waterparks indoor and out. They also have a dry park area where you shoot balls and arcade. laser tag, restaurant, you name it. It's there.

The wilderness is quite spread out, but the kids ages they can handle a little walking(at least our kids do) but even then when you are in a condo, you can call a van to drop you right at the door.

Anyway, I hope this helps, Have a good time!