We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meadowbrook resort??

indiana
3 posts
Save Topic
Meadowbrook resort??

Has anyone stayed at this place?

They have some package deals that are very reasonable. It sounds like it is just off the beaten path, so maybe it would be quieter at night?

any feedback?

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meadowbrook resort??

Check out the reviews. Looks like a nice place, but apparently does not have amenities some folks want / need.

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meadowbrook resort??

We just drove by it yesterday on our way to Chula Vista, and it was really a nice looking (out of the way) resort. Not up to the standards of the big resorts, but very quaint. Looked really nice.

indiana
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meadowbrook resort??

Thanks! We are planning for the end of August. We are hoping a lot of the crowds will have already been there.

I read reviews somewhere that this place does not ahve telephones in the rooms. I am not sure how I feel about that. We will have our cell phones, but how do you contact the front desk? It just seems odd.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meadowbrook resort??

After further thought, I'm not so sure that no phone in the room is a bad idea if you are on vacation.

Think about it... last time you were on vacation, just how often did you use that room phone? Maybe to call the front desk to order towels instead of walking down there? Did you order a pizza? I've stayed at a couple places that even wanted $$ to activate the room phone (seriously) and told them to not bother.

BTW, Cell phone service is usually pretty good in that area if you need to make a call.

indiana
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Meadowbrook resort??

You are probably right. Thanks for the knowledge on good reception.

6. Re: Meadowbrook resort??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 15, 2009