We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

Madison, Wisconsin
3 posts
Save Topic
Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

Does anyone have any experience of the night life in the winter in the Wisconsin Dells? I am thinking about organizing a trip for a friend this winter for a weekend in the dells but have no idea if some of the clubs/night life is still popular and crowded in the winter months. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight on this or any other possible ideas? Also any recommendations on where a group of 10 or so guys could stay with some on site options of entertainment?

Edited: 12:04 pm, October 31, 2013
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
956 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

I think The Reef at Marleys is busy year round. Wett might be too. Kalahari has closed Kahunaville and is reopening it as a restaurant, lounge, entertainment type place. You can read about it at their website. If you want to stay on the cheaper side, you can stay downtown in one of the smaller motels (they may offer waterpark passes or have packages so you could do that during the day) and then you can walk to the various places downtown. Some of them have bands on the weekends - Country Keg, Showboat, etc.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

Thanks for the reply! Yea I wasn't sure if Marley's quieted down in the winter months. We would definitely check it out. I think we were possibly thinking of getting a big room at possibly the Kalahari like you mentioned to do some drunk water sliding. Anyone have experience with one of the bigger 10 person suites or rooms at the Kalahari?

Madison, Wisconsin
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

Thanks for the reply! Yea I wasn't sure if Marley's quieted down in the winter months. We would definitely check it out. I think we were possibly thinking of getting a big room at possibly the Kalahari like you mentioned to do some drunk water sliding. Anyone have experience with one of the bigger 10 person suites or rooms at the Kalahari?

4. Re: Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:11 am, December 02, 2013
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
82 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

look at edge of dells. Year round cabins with a great bar

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
956 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

If you really want to spend time in the Dells, I don't think you want to stay at Adeline's House of Cool in the winter. The drive (a little over 30 miles) to and from would be long (very long in snowy weather) and in the dark. Looks like a great place though.

7. Re: Mid 20's guy's birthday party in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 03, 2014