We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of july

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
4th of july

Where are the fireworks held? Where is a good spot to watch?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
953 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of july

Downtown Dells at the municipal pool. Kalahari also has fireworks, but I'm not sure you can drive on the grounds to watch. A good place to watch is over by Tanger Mall.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of july

would i be able to park somewhere near the fireworks?

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of july

The "free" fireworks are by the municipal pool downtown in the Dells, and you should be able to park near there.

In the past, Kalahari, Great Wolf and other resorts have done "private" shows (because they of course own the sky over their properties). I know Kalahari had been allowing non-resort guests in to park at like $20 per carload. Expect to spend an hour getting out after.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of july

An hour getting out by the pool or Kalahari or both?

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of july

For sure Kalahari... I know that from experience. But it also takes a long time to get out of downtown too -- if you need to go west to Lake Delton over the bridge. If you are staying the Black Hawk or Amber's Hideway or Chula Vista, it's easier to get out.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of july

i cant decide where to stay, it would be nice to be walking distance to the free fireworks, any ideas?

my other options are: ramada, super 8, indian trail or new concorf

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4th of july

mt olympus also has them with free entry, not sure about parking though

Wisconsin Dells
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 4th of july

The Wisconsin Dells Events created this run-down of July 4th fireworks in Wisconsin Dells.

July 4 - Downtown Wisconsin Dells at the municipal pool

July 4 - Chula Vista Resort will shoot fireworks from above the waterpark at dusk

July 4 - Great Wolf Lodge will be holding fireworks at 9 pm

July 4 - Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort is shooting fireworks during intermission of the Tommy Bartlett Show

July 4 - Kalahari will celebrate Africa and the United States with a 20 minute fireworks show synced to music

July 4 - Christmas Mountain has fireworks viewing on top of its chair lift and is open to the public. From the top of Christmas Mountain the fireworks at Kalahari, Chula Vista, Wilderness and the city should be viewable.

I would suggest reaching out to various properties to confirm times, costs, etc. However the Downtown show is complimentary.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4th of july

Thank you!

So if you had a four year old which do you think would be the easiest?

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4th of july

IMHO, any of the shows with be cool to a 4-year-old if they don't scare him/her. None are Disney level.

I would park downtown and go to the free show at the pool. As far as hotel of the four above, I recommend Indian Trail. You can also get back easier after the fireworks as it's a "right" versus "left and over the bridge."