We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness and Kalahari

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
714 posts
27 reviews
Wilderness and Kalahari

Would it be reasonable to spend 2 nights each at Wilderness and Kalahari? Our family of 3 (7 year old) has never been to the Dells and I don't know if it would be best to stay at one location or break it up to see more. I understand you have to stay at wilderness to use their waterparks which is why I'd like to check that one out but I think my preference would be Kalahari.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
307 reviews
1. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

I'm not sure I would do that or not. It would be cool to spend a coule days at each place, but I wouldn't want to have to pack up, load up, go check in and unpack in the middle of the trip.

We are doing 3 nights at Great Wolf next week and there is plenty to do to keep us busy while we're there.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
430 reviews
2. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

I'd do it:-). I love to stay at different accomodations each time we go, so we can check more places out. We only go for two nights at a time, but I think we would switch if we went for four nights.

La Porte IN
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

Honestly if you want to enjoy two different parks. I would check out Ambers Hideaway. They have TONS of deals going on. In which some deals are offered with two water parks with your stay! If you have young ones your best bet is the Great Wolf Lodge.

La Porte IN
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

Honestly if you want to enjoy two different parks. I would check out Ambers Hideaway. They have TONS of deals going on. In which some deals are offered with two water parks with your stay! If you have young ones your best bet is the Great Wolf Lodge.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
430 reviews
5. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

Wilderness resort only allows guests of the resort to use their waterparks.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
534 reviews
6. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

It is easy to get around the Dells. Wilderness and Kalahari are excellent waterparks and it would be easy to pack up and move on to the next one.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

I would hate the "limbo" between checkout at one and check in at the other.

Do you really want to spend several hours of your vacation in 2 check-in lines? Not me.

Nebraska, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

There is no way you could do everything Wilderness has to offer in 2 days. I agree with Elveric-too much hassle to check out/check in, for not enough benefit.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
534 reviews
9. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

We typically only stay one night whenever we go to one of the large waterpark hotels. We have always been able to achieve everything that we wanted to experience in that one day, unless it is on a Saturday during peak season when the lines are extra long. Thus, two nights at each hotel seems very do-able to me. We typically check into one of the big hotels between 11 am - 12:00 pm, before the long check-in lines even start. Occasionally there are other families thinking the same thing, but often times we beat the check-in crowds and do not have to waste time in the check-in line. However, re-packing and lugging everything in/out is a hassle.

chicago
Level Contributor
7,830 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Wilderness and Kalahari

We did two nights at wilderness and one night at Kalahari and it was fabulous! We loved both waterparks for different reasons. The rooms at kalahri were nicer but I'd definitely do it again!