Looking for deals on lodging where you don't have to "pay half up front". I can not think of any part of the hospitality trade where when you make a reservation they take your money - hotels tell you that you can't have a portion of it back if you cancel. So if a better deal is found - too bad - you can't cancel the 1st reservation without losing all or part of your "reservation fee". These resorts are truly the Jesse James of the hotel industry. I would not plan a vacation to the Dells even if it were GIVEN to me free at this point. Reasons???
1) Over priced hotel rooms - if you read the reviews of most - there are housekeeping and service issues for all of the big resorts - NONE get overwhelmingly great reviews.
2) Why would anyone want to swim in pools at locations that already get low marks for cleanliness? Overcrowded pools full of who knows what kind of germs.
3) Overpriced food and beverage .
4) Compare the cost of an average WI Dells vacation to an all inclusive in the Carribean, or a resort in Florida (with Theme Park tickets) - Truly - there are other locations that are not in the middle of no where - land locked by overpriced attractions.
5) Very few deals - and when you do book a room you pay several hundred dollars, Months in advance, and no refunds if you should cancel.
It is a rackett........The only reason I'm writing is because my daughter is headed to a dance competition in June in the Dells and we have NO choice but to go if she wants to participate. This is the 3rd one and each time I hate the Dells more. I'd just like to see others opinions - thoughts or helpful hints - because i don't get it.