We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Watertown, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Topic
Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

I am planning a trip to the Dells with a group (3-5) college people for one day and I was wondering what would be some awesome yet cheap ( we are college students;) things to do in the Dells? (waterparks, Minigolf, jet boat tours, go carts, ect)

I am thinking coupons and cheap things!

Also where are good places to eat up there?

(we will do this within 2 weeks or so :) )

Thanks for your help!!

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,025 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

for dining www.pizzapub.com

Paul Bunyan's is fun (check brochures around the Dells for 10 percent off coupons):

http://www.paulbunyans.com/wisconsin-dells/

Noah's Ark is the best waterpark but you pay about $32+ per person without coupons....so listen for radio deals or like their FB page or visit their website for coupons for starters:

http://www.noahsarkwaterpark.com/

I'm not sure what else you'll find for cheap specifically. Walk around and explore downtown... you could go in on old time pictures at Old Abe's:

http://www.oldabes.com/ It would be cheaper to split since you're a group, if you get a smaller photos pkg. or some such thing.

www.conceptattractions.com/html/wismain.htm

explore Ripley's $13/per person

there's the Lost Voyage Boat Tour, Jet Boats like you mentioned or the Original Wisconsin Ducks which are great too. You'd have to check prices but I know they're not "cheap" so look for coupons/deals on their websites or in the brochures you find around town. You can buy coupon books but for a day in the Dells I don't see this as really moneysaving if you're paying into it and only there one day. But we have yet to try it either way.

The waterparks generally don't open till Memorial Day weekend. I see you plan on being there in the next few weeks. So keep that in mind as well unless you were thinking strictly indoor passes to the Kalahari or Wilderness, etc.

Edited: 2:15 pm, April 18, 2012
3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

I keep hoping that the Ducks, boats, mini-golfs etc would offer some "early season" deals, but they really don't.

Best advice if it's only a day trip is to look for a combo deal when you get there, along with checking facebook, etc.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
931 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

There is a new discount card offered this year called Splash Pass. See it herehttp://www.dells.com/wisconsin-dells-deals/wisconsin-dells-splash-pass.htm

These are 2 for 1 offers of food, attractions and golf. The card is $10, so might save you some money. For instance, several years ago the admission to Kalahari indoor waterpark was $25 - I'm sure it is more now. You don't have to get it by mail - you can buy them in person (see the answers to questions as you scroll down that page). Look at the various vendors on the card and then decide if there are any attractions or restaurants you want to go to and then see if you would save money. Since it is 2 for 1, if you have more than two people, you will need more than one card.

I'm presuming since you are college people, that you would be looking for some of the less expensive places to eat. I would suggest Monks (downtown -look for the smell of fried onions - and out by the Wilderness Resort) - sports bar atmosphere. River Walk Pub (downtown). Rivers Edge Pub & Grub - on Highway A on the southwest side of Delton Lake - neat northwoods atmosphere with aquariums and a tree in the bar. Pedros (by Timber Falls) has chips and dips out in the bar - at least on weekend afternoons - so you can munch while you have a beverage. If you like Mexican food it is a decent restaurant. Across the parking lot is Rocky Rococo pizza. Country Keg/Baja Cantina also has decent bar food. Sprechers opened a restaurant last summer - food is ok but you might like the beers better :) Marleys also has decent food and they have a large nightclub you might want to visit. The other nightclub in town is Wett (used to be the old Marley's).

If you have any other questions, let us know!

Wisconsin Dells, WI
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

Last summer, I rented a canoe from Rivers Edge with some friends for about $25 per canoe, and they gave us a ride up to the downtown dam and we made our way back downstream at our own pace. We stopped at just about every beach we found, lots of swimming, saw some wildlife, had a very nice time. If you worked at it, you could have knocked the trip out in about 45 minutes, but we took upwards of three hours on the river and the staff was very courteous. Cheap and easy, lots of fun, if it's your kind of thing.

5. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:22 am, June 04, 2013
La Porte IN
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

All I have to say is Ambers Hideaway. Pay one price and get a lot with it! So many deals!!!! :o)

Eau Claire...
Level Contributor
19 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

Theresa K - why do you continually post about Amber's Hideaway? It is getting really annoying.

Wilton, Iowa
Level Contributor
143 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

Many of the locally owned motels give out splash passes and/or fun cards. The Monaco Motel gives one of each for every room. You can save a TON using them!

9. Re: Wisconsin Dells on a Budget :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 02, 2014