We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian show

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Indian show

Can you tell me where they are showing any Indian shows now? I'm Native-American, and I would love to show my husband his first ever Indian ceremony or show.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
941 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian show

As far as I know there aren't any shows any more unless Ho Chunk sponsors some kind of gathering for the Tribe. They closed down the natural ampitheather - think it was called Stand Rock - 8-10 years ago, maybe longer. I never got to see it but wish I would have gone while they were still performing.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian show

There are occasional efforts to revive the Indian Ceremonial, but nothing has stuck.

You might keep checking the ho-chunk nation's website and see if they are offering any cultural programs that might be close.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
931 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian show

If you Google search for "pow wow" during the time you are going to be in Wisconsin, you should find any that are scheduled. There are usually several a year in the Madison area, so let us know where you are going to be when, and we may be able to help you.

Genesee Depot...
Level Contributor
394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian show

They closed down the natural ampitheather - think it was called Stand Rock - 8-10 years ago, maybe longer. I never got to see it but wish I would have gone while they were still performing.

That is sad to hear. I remember taking my Grandma- RIP :( there back in the mid-90's. She lived in FL and visiting us in WI. One of the old chief's "WhiteCloud" had eyes for her, was cute to see them kind of flirting with each other. What a great natural setting and the real native culture.

5. Re: Indian show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, May 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells