We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chula Vista yes/no

NE Wisconsin
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chula Vista yes/no

We have a group of 4 adults, 3 kids ages 2, 4, 8. We have had trouble deciding on a hotel and/or waterpark. We were thinking the Chula Vista, but after reading some reviews we are rethinking this. Anyone have a thought about this water park. Price is somewhat of an issue, but we want to have a great time.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chula Vista yes/no

When are you thinking of coming? Chula Vista's current indoor waterpark is not a lot, plus they have a lot of construction going on. Might be better to go there in the summer, as they have done a lot with their outdoor.

The Polynesian has a better indoor (works for the kids of the age you are bringing) and I think the price is comparable to Chula.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
467 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chula Vista yes/no

My family and I stayed there last year in June. The indoor waterpark is best suited for the younger crowd and I believe your 8 year old would be bored. He/She might like the game room but you can't swim there. As far as the outdoor waterpark is concerned, it is old and outdated. The day that we went,only half of the slides were open. The water was not very clean. My kids were disappointed. Having said that, we did have a very nice suite, it was quiet at night, we did not eat there so I cannot say anything about the food. THey are remodeling and adding on to this place and it should be nice when they are done but they aren't done yet. Hope this helps.

lake delton wis
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chula Vista yes/no

Check out Treasure Island. It has Bay of Dreams indoor water park, which is connected to the hotel by a skywalk and another indoor water area in the hotel. Good for small kids.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
660 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chula Vista yes/no

For our first trip to the dells in 2003 we stayed at chula vista (3 adults and 4 children ages 1,5,7,8). We choose that hotel strictly based on a columbus day special. That was our first time in the dells and we enjoyed ourselves greatly. We now make it a yearly family trip to the dells and have stayed at chula vista, raintree and polynesian. Out of all of those we enjoyed the polynesian the best. The water park was not too overwhelming for our kids and they enjoyed everything from the hot tubs, pirate lazy river, and the play room. Our last visit to the polynesian was in october of 05'. Something you might need to consider is the swimming ability of the children and how comfortable they would be in the water. We would have loved to stay at the wilderness a couple of years ago but decided against it because our kids were only 2 and 6 and by no means comfortable in the water. So we will consider one of the larger resorts when they are a little older and will actually go on the water rides.

just something else to consider when making your decision

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chula Vista yes/no

Try the Wilderness - www.wildernessresort.com. They often run $99 specials Sun-Thurs. The waterparks are great for kids of all ages. They also have a dry indoor playgound and arcade that is a blast! Our kids (ages 9, 8 & 6) prefer it over Kalahari and Great Wolf hands down. When are you looking at staying?