We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New indoor waterpark at the Wilderness

Chicago suburbs
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New indoor waterpark at the Wilderness

Does anyone have any idea of the progress on the new indoor waterpark at the Wilderness? The website says it will be done late March/early April. We will be there at the end of March, so I was just curious if anyone new how construcation was going. Thanks for any info!

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New indoor waterpark at the Wilderness

I just booked for March 12th and they said "sometime in April...we don't have an exact date".

I could have sworn I was given a date in late March the last time I called, so it looks like it's being pushed back.

Have fun!

Chicago suburbs
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New indoor waterpark at the Wilderness

Thanks for the info. I think I had gotten something in the mail awhile back that said "Spring Break 2006". My guess is that they will be shooting to have it open by Easter. Oh well. I told the kids not to get too excited in case it was not open when we arrive. But it looks like you will be there before me, so if you notice any new info, keep me posted!

NE Wisconsin
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New indoor waterpark at the Wilderness

I just called there this morning looking for a room April 8th and they said that they weren't sure if the construction would be done by then. I'm assuming that it won't be. I would think that if they were close, they'd already have plans for a "dedication" day or some type of celebration.

Hmmmm

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New indoor waterpark at the Wilderness

Just got back from the wilderness and had a great time (eat at the Moose Jaw restaurant if you get the chance....great food and incredible service. The kids loved it!)

As far as the new waterpark goes...they still don't have a opening date yet, but it still is under MAJOR construction. I'm not sure how fast they can build a waterpark, but it seems to have a long way to go. I would keep calling if that is a big concern for you. With Spring Break not too far off, I would have expected them to at least have a better idea of when it will be ready.

The only problem we had was the lack of 2 person tubes in the Klondike Cavern that can accomodate little ones (they have a bottom on one part of the tube so the kids can just sit in them...otherwise they fall through!). We spent a good half an hour trying to locate one (people were hoarding them) and one of the lifeguards said they only have about a dozen in that particular waterpark. They were plentiful in the Wild West park so how hard would it be to bring some more over to the Klondike? Seems that would be the easy solution. It was very frustrating walking around in circles just trying to locate a tube...and a big waste of time!

o