We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

I noticed a reference in a previous post regarding the Wilderness Resort now offering day passes. Is this still the case or was it just a one time deal? My son and I will be spending a long weekend in the Dells at the end of February. He'd really love to go to the Wilderness waterpark, but I can't justify the cost for just the two of us. Thanks in advance for any information!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

A bit more info: I currently have reservations for the Hilton Garden Inn. Do they still sell passes for the Wilderness waterpark or will I have to change my reservation to the special package deal the hotel offers? Thanks again!

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

I'd check with the Hilton Garden Inn (nice place, by the way but not really kid-oriented) and see if they still have the deal with the Wilderness. I have not seen the ad in the newspaper this week for day passes, but did a week or so ago.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

UPDATE -- Saw the Day Pass ad in the local Paper again today.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

Ah cool! Thanks for the update!

lake delton wis
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

Wilderness does sell day passes to the waterpark...they cost $25.00/per person.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

I went to the Wilderness this Sept. and at that time they were advertising that they were the ONLY resort that didn't sell day passes. They said you had to be staying there to play there.

Maybe they changed.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

May be a winter season only thing, but they have been advertising the Day Passes in the local and nearby papers since the first of the year or so.

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

Just called the Wilderness...they will only sell day passes if the hotel is under 80% booked, and will not sell them on Spring break. I've been going there for years and didn't realize they started this until now.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

Pasha,

If that's the case then they should have mentioned those conditions in the big full-color newspaper stuffer they inserted in the local papers a couple weeks ago promoting their Spring Break specials and touting the "exciting turn of events" that opens the waterparks to the public. I have a sneaky suspicion the Wilderness wants to have it both ways with hotel guests and the general public. (There is some fine print on coupons that talks about blackout dates, but you have to really search to find it.)

Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day passes for Wilderness Resort waterpark?

Elveric,

One of the selling points for us choosing the Wilderness over Kalahari for years now was that there was no public admission (at least there used to not be). Our family loved the fact that the lines were shorter and you didn't have tons of teenagers being dropped off for the day. But with the price of the day passes, it almost makes more sense to just stay overnight anyway. Sounds like their advertising in the local paper was a bit deceptive. I understand that they want to stay competitive with the Kalahari, but once their new waterpark is open I don't think they will have much to worry about.

Normally when you stay at the Wilderness you can stay and swim until the waterpark closes on the day you check out. I wonder if that will change now that they are offering day passes. Kalahari requires you to leave by 3:00pm the day you check out.