We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent restaurants to go to in the winter months

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Decent restaurants to go to in the winter months

Hello,

My family of four (2 kids under age 4) are leaving for the Wilderness Resort tomorrow and I haven't heard the best reviews about their restaurants. Are there others open year round that you can suggest?

Thanks,

Mom from IL

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent restaurants to go to in the winter months

This to me seems to be the million dollar question. We have not had good luck finding good restaurants in the Dells. (Stay away from Marley's, we found the food to be horrid). However, we did stay at the Wilderness back in Oct with kids the same ages as yours. We thought the food was pretty decent. We really liked the buffet that they had. That type of set-up works well for our family. We really liked the facilities at the Wilderness. Have a great time!

lake delton wis
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent restaurants to go to in the winter months

There are many very good restaurants open year round but it depends on the amount of money you would like to spend.

Expensive $20-$40 Ginzas of Tokyo, Del Bar, Field's at the Wilderness, Newport Steak House- all very good

$8-$20 Mexicali Rose, Pedro's, Sarento's, Pizza Pub (good pizza buffet), Applebys, Houlihan's, and Damons -all very good also

Check out local papers for nightly specials and coupons...Sarento's has buy one entree get second free. Mexicali Rose also has very good nightly specails on their prices.

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent restaurants to go to in the winter months

I have to second fields. We were just at the dells this past week and we had dinner there. It was expensive but the food was great. I loved the lobster bisque.

1s1
madison, wisconsin
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent restaurants to go to in the winter months

Pizza Pub!

Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells