We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WI Dells Amtrak Station

La Crosse, WI
Level Contributor
191 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
WI Dells Amtrak Station

Does anyone know how far the train station is from the Wilderness or Chula Vista?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WI Dells Amtrak Station

Check out this webpage for the Wisconsin Dells Amtrak Station.

www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer…

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WI Dells Amtrak Station

Note that the station is at the intersection of Superior and La Crosse Streets. The map feature imbedded on the Amtrak map page puts the dot somewhere else. Basically, the station is 2 blocks from the dam. Google Maps, Bing, etc. will all correctly map this intersection, just not within the Amtrak page.

La Crosse, WI
Level Contributor
191 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WI Dells Amtrak Station

Thanks.

Booked at Chula Vista today, so I guess I'll just plan on getting a taxi from the train depot to the resort- I guess I'm assuming there are taxis in the Dells

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
173 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WI Dells Amtrak Station

You may want to ask Chula Vista if they have a courtesy shuttle that runs to the Amtrak station.

I just found this

www.wisconsindellstaxi.com

817 Broadway

Wisconsin Dells, WI 53913

(608) 253-7433

Get directions

I don't think they have many taxi's you may want to call in advance for a ride.

La Crosse, WI
Level Contributor
191 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WI Dells Amtrak Station

Just sent the taxi place an email and will do the same to Chula Vista. Thanks

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WI Dells Amtrak Station

Don't know when you needed this info. but I just returned from the Dells. I rented a car from Avis at the Kalahari resort. They met me at the train station with the car and I left the keys with the Gentlemen at the train station and Avis comes to pick it up. Couldn't be more convienent. The taxis I was told are not very reliable so I opted for renting which I was so glad I did.

7. Re: WI Dells Amtrak Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, February 27, 2010