We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

Check out the reviews of the two restaurants @ the lower dells boat dock from maine-e-acs. See if you think either one is legit...

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

do you have a quick link to find what you're talking about?

Watertown, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
80 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

I was thinking the same thing Elveric. Whenever a very average place suddenly gets 4 or 5 rave reviews in the span of a week, you've gotta wonder. I guess it could be possible they've made some changes/improvements recently - although I doubt it.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
936 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

We went to the Dells Mexicali Rose once and said we would never go back, unless it was just for drinks on the patio. The Mexicali Rose in Madison only lasted 12 to 15 months and their food was only a little better.

Haven't been to the River Moon. It's just not in a location that's very conducive to stopping.

Antioch, Illinois.
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

It is kind of interesting...those are their only two reviews, also.

nmbjs
Level Contributor
518 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

I'm not surprised. I've seen a couple fakes too. It's amazing how many ID's these owners use to keep their scummy companies going.

There are also a couple places I gave a good review last year which seem to have gone down hill this year but I am not allowed another review of the place.

I think on future good reviews I will need at least 3 years of good experiences before I make a decision.

For mexican food in the Dells I recommend Taco Bell!

Not someplace I would eat on vacation but I hate Mexicali Rose and as far as I'm concerned Pedro's is out of business.

I gave Pedros a good review last summer. I'm so mad I did.

They are doing an Essen Haus restaurant suicide. First good food/service, then bad service, then good service/food at the bar then bad food but good service at the bar. Next comes bad service and bad food at the bar and the place is empty and they start changing the name every 6 months.

Pedro's will start changing their name soon. The bar wasn't even worth stopping in anymore.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

I love the food @ Pedro's -- especially the Seafood Burrito -- but I agree that the service can leave a lot to be desired.

Couple of weeks ago four of us showed up for cheap margs on a Thursday night. Three bartenders apparently on duty. Even though we made eye contact with them, we sat at the end of the bar for several minutes until one of them finally wandered down to take our order.

I went to Mexicali Rose once a few years ago, and won't ever go back.

na
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

Mexicali Rose is Nasty. I would never tell anyone to eat at this place. Pedro's isnt much better. They offer 1/2 price margarita's but they taste like crap. We wanted better tequila in it and they charged $45 for a pitcher. They forgot to mention if you upgrade it isnt 1/2 off anymore. Horrible place !

If you want good food :

- The Kalahari Friday night crab leg buffett is very good for the price. ($21 )

- Northwoods bar & Grill has decent food also. They have some great speicals that people are allways there for.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

Wow -- you must have really asked for the upgrade because the premium margs @ Pedro's that are in the menu ARE half-price on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I know this, because that's what I order (Hornitos on the rcoks, hold the salt). I guess if you are going to order Patron or Cabo Wabo in a marg just to show what a big shooter you are, you'll pay.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

I really didn't mind Pedro's. I was surprised when they closed my Milwaukee/Brookfield location. Now it will be a Hooters. I ocassionally stop in at the Dells location.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
936 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ahh, summer... and fake reviews

We haven't had a problem at the Dells Pedros, either. My son was just there several weeks ago and he said the food was good and they were served right away. They did go a little bit later in the evening, though.