We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverwalk Hotel Good or Bad?

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NW Indiana
1 post
Save Topic
Riverwalk Hotel Good or Bad?

This is our first trip to the Dells, my wife and myself.

Usually we go to the Smokey's, but we're gonna try

the Dells for a couple days this weekend. (we're in our 40's).

We don't want to spend the day driving from place to place.

Searching the web brought us to "The Riverwalk Hotel".

Says it's .7 miles from "center city dells". (whatever that is).

ANYONE ever stay, checkout, or see the Riverwalk Hotel?

We're looking for a nice place to spend a couple nights.

Should we look at rooms on Broadway, or the Dells Parkway?

here's the riverwalk url:

http://www.dellsriverwalkhotel.com

Thanks......

Jim & Deb

Hammond,Indiana

milwaukee
Level Contributor
660 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverwalk Hotel Good or Bad?

From what I remember the Dells parkway is one of the main streets in the dells (loaded with restaurants, hotels and attractions). As far as the riverwalk, I've never stayed there and don't know anyone that has either. The rate the dells website had one positive review for the riverwalk. I don't know how much you are willing to spend, what you plan to do in the dells or what time of year you will be visiting. IMO I would try somewhere else. I'd hate for your first trip to the dells to be ruined by a unsuitable hotel.

I've stayed at Chula Vista, Raintree and the Polynesian and was satisfied with each hotel.

I'd be happy to help you some more if you gave some more info.....

milwaukee
Level Contributor
660 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverwalk Hotel Good or Bad?

I see where you said this weekend. I just realized prices will either be very high or they will have a lot of specials because it is the end of the summer. Other hotels I have considered based on price and location are...

Grand Marquis

Alakai hotel and suites

Copa Cabana

On second thought you are looking at actually being in the dells in a couple of days so give the riverwalk a try and then you will be the second person to write a review.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverwalk Hotel Good or Bad?

My husband and I have stayed here on numerous occasions and we love it for the view and easy walking distance to downtown. Be sure to get a room with a balcony facing out over the Wisconsin River, just gorgeous. I found several reviews on this website, and most people loved it. We are also in our forties and would recommend this place plus the Del Bar as an excellent place to eat . The restaurant next store to this hotel had a good breakfast and wonderful view. To really see the real beauty of the dells you will want to stay on the river and not on the dells parkway . This hotel is clean, quiet and the views can't be beat. If you get a chance visit the H.H. Bennett museum (downtown dells) very interesting and not commercial. Take a boat ride or ride on the ducks and take a drive along the river and off the beaten path. Beautiful and truly what the dells used to be about.