We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast Ohio
5 posts
Save Topic
Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

Be careful of this tourist trap! We spent more money at this ridculous attraction than on our delicious dinner for 5 at the Riverview Pub. We felt completely ripped off. I think they spent most of their money on the outside of their building to develop interest. Once inside, there were a few neat optical illusions, but a horrible script and White House theme. Our young children were scared. Our teen age children poked fun at it. My husband and I were extremely dissappointed at the waste of money. Avoid this attraction no matter how curious you are at its outside appearance!

Janesville...
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

If you want to waste your money on a tourist trap, take in the WONDER SPOT. I frankly wonder how it can stay in business when it charges $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for kids when you are in and out of there in 15 minutes. Plus it got me so nauseated from the optical illusions that I almost lost my footing and fell. Watch this place.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
660 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

walk

I hate to tell ask this but did you do any "searching" about this top secret place before you decided to go inside? I ask because the first time we went to the dells it was on my list of "must sees". However, reading the reviews (20% likely to visit again) was a clear indication that I was not going to be spending money there. When we got there my husband kept saying "that sure looks neat" and I would reply "remember the reviews we read---not happening!" I hate that you and your family wasted money and time going inside that building. Make sure you continue to warn people about this attraction. The way I see it hundreds of people can't be wrong about this place.

Other than that I really hope you and your family had fun. Did you happen to go to wizard quest?

www.ratethedells.com (click on attractions, find top secret and there are the horrible reviews)

milwaukee
Level Contributor
660 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

walk,

I had to return. I just went and checked the ratethedells website and the 6 reviews of top secret were great. That maybe so but a year ago the reviews were awful and that is what sticks in my mind. Five out of six said they would return. Whatever.....I'm still not going and we go twice a year to the dells. Until I can be guaranteed that it is well worth the money....not going.

Arlington Hts., IL
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

I wish I would have read this review before wasting our money at Top Secret!! A complete waste of money. Save your money and just take a picture of the outside of the tourist attraction...it's the only interesting part!! Please take heed of the advise here and stay away from Top Secret.

Whitefish Bay...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

I agree!! Complete waste of money. $12.00's each now!! Looks interesting - never heard of it until we got up there. My 8 year old was scared and we left. They didn't offer his money back.

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

I could not agree with you more! We went in a large group, and it was hard to see anything, as my frightened six-year-old had a death grip on my neck. The outside is SO COOL, but the inside is basically a collection of upside down rooms with a series of guides reciting from lame scripts. It's too bad... they could have made this really neat.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
660 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

can anyone who has been to TOP SECRET give me a detailed report on this attraction. The two posters who mentioned their kids being scared are not the first to say that. Now I'm just very curious as to what is inside. I do remember someone saying the best part is the outside of the building.

anyone willing to share the details please go right on ahead....I'm never going in there

Northeast Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

This is what is so "Top Secret"...you enter into an upside down dining room. Table and chairs attached to the ceiling. The room smells of concrete. The optical illusion makes one dizzy and sick to their stomach. A young adult guide enters the room and recites a lame script about something weird happening in the White House. The guide takes you on a tour of the White House where each room is turned upside down and a new guide takes over to tell you another lame detail about the White House. There are more lame politically directed jokes. Soetimes you may run into an optical illusion all of which make one sick to the stomach. At one point a dead person is hanging in the middle of the pathway. You have to pass by her to move on with the tour. The dead person was lucky they didn't frighten us any further as we had young children who were grabbing on for dear life and crying or they may have really wished they were dead. The last room of the tour is a dig site where the guide asks the group "What happened to the White House?" My 6 year old daughter replied "The aliens got to it and turned it upside down!" The tour ends in the Top Secret gift shop where you can waste more vacation money!!

Northeast Ohio
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

This is what is so "Top Secret"...you enter into an upside down dining room. The table and chairs are attached to the ceiling. The room smells of concrete. The optical illusion makes one dizzy and sick to their stomach. A young adult guide enters the room and recites a lame script about something weird happening in the White House. The guide takes you on a tour of the White House where each room is turned upside down and a new guide takes over to tell you another lame detail about the White House. There are more lame politically directed jokes. Sometimes you may run into an optical illusion all of which make one sick to the stomach. At one point a dead person is hanging in the middle of the pathway. You have to pass by her to move on with the tour. The dead person was lucky they didn't frighten us any further as we had young children who were grabbing on for dear life and crying or they may have really wished they were dead. The last room of the tour is a dig site where the guide asks the group "What happened to the White House?" My 6 year old daughter replied "The aliens got to it and turned it upside down!" The tour ends in the Top Secret gift shop where you can waste more vacation money!!

mark illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Top Secret at Wisconsin Dells

we were there yesterday and our tour guide dissappeared in the middle of it and then ...of course you run into the the shop as your about to leave and she was not very freindly...... it was a waste of money.... bush .... you dissapoint me again.