We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best waterpark?

Kenosha, Wisconsin
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
best waterpark?

Which waterpark is the best? I've only been to noah's ark and a day trip to familyland. Noahs ark was by far the better but now I'm considering wilderness or kalahari. Are they worth the money or should I stay in a decent hotel and stick with old faithful noah? I have 3 kids 12,13,and 18.Thanks for your input.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best waterpark?

I would choose Wilderness over Kalahari, because they don't sell passes to outside visitors; only hotel guests can use the waterparks. If you want to stay in a cheaper motel, you can stay at Field's Park Motel near "downtown" Wisconsin Dells - they are owned by the same people as Wilderness so they give you passes for the waterpark with your room (you just have to drive there.) Or, you can stay anywhere you want and pay for passes at the Kalahari. If you chose either of these options, it would give you a chance to see if your kids enjoy the waterparks enough to splurge on stay there the next time you visit.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best waterpark?

Familyland is now part of the mega Mt. Olympus Park, which stretches from FamilyLand up to the Trojan House and so it includes the go-karts and roller coasters -- Huge compared to what FL used to be, and a better deal if you want the coasters, etc. If you want to get to the Dells, park, and not look at your car until you head for home, then I'd stay at the Kalahari. Waterpark, plus restaurants for all tastes, and a great movie theater. If you are going to go that route, though, bring snacks and bevs for your room -- on-site food is pricey.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best waterpark?

I don't think the indoor water parks can come close to matching what Noah's and FL offer, (BIG) if the weather cooperates, especially with older kids like yours.

The inndoor parks can't be beat for winter fun, but in the summer I would plan for Noah's and keep my fingers crossed the weather is good.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best waterpark?

While my kids loved both but think Noahs Ark is the best, me and my husband always thought it was a toss up between Family Land and Noahs Ark, but now that we found out that they combined Mt. Olympus and Family Land we cant wait to go there in late August.

Madison WI
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: best waterpark?

Been to all the water parks and all the nice hotel water parks. Now that Family Land has added the go cart place to make it Mt Olympus it the best of all. They also added some new water slides that are alot of fun. Your older kids would probably have more fun there. The Hotels are very overpriced in the dells now days especially those with the bigger water parks. (over $300 a night at most nice water park hotels) Stay at a decent hotel and go to Mt. Olympus (formally Family Land).

lake delton wis
Level Contributor
169 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best waterpark?

Your best bet..stay at Treasure Island or Pleasant View Motel and get free tickets to Mt Olympus.