We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Dells running trails

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Wisconsin Dells running trails

Going to the Dells for the 3rd year now and have always just exercised at the hotel. We're staying at the Wilderness this year and would like to do some running outside. I can't remember ever seeing any trails or a place that would be good to run as there's some much traffic. Are there any areas that would be a good place to get a jog?

Thanks!

illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wisconsin Dells running trails

I just saw on their website that they have added trails into "the 60 acre wilderness" that they own. If not, we always do a walk up the hill onto the main drag and almost never encounter foot traffic. My husband brings his bike every year and loves it.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wisconsin Dells running trails

Are you referring to the Wilderness on the Lake or Wilderness Resort? We're staying at the Resort, actually Glacier Canyon Lodge. What's the main drag you're referring to?

Thanks!

illinois
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wisconsin Dells running trails

The Wilderness Resort/Glacier Canyon is all one big resort. It's refered to as Wilderness Territory on it's website..The site mentions the trails under it's "what's new" at the Wilderness. You have to scroll past the new rides and guest exclusives.

In the past we've just walked doen the street. Lot's of bikes, but very little foot traffic. It's a good work out because you're going either uphill or down.

Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Wisconsin Dells running trails

Bumping this up. I'm traveling to the Dells in 2 weeks and am staying that the Hotel Rome. I'd like to do a few 4-6 miles runs while there. Any advice?

5. Re: Wisconsin Dells running trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 29, 2009