We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Observations of the Dells (from a rookie)

Missouri
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Observations of the Dells (from a rookie)

My family and I visited the Dells for the first time last week. We are from Missouri and are Verterans of The Lake of the Ozarks and Branson. We have two young boys (2 & 4) so we ended up staying at our hotel (The Raintree) and played in the small waterpark there most of the time. A few observations and comments I will throw out:

1 - People asked me if the Dells is like Lake Ozark or Branson and I answer neither. It has its own feel and charm.

2 - It seems to be thriving for the most part. With a wide variety of things to do. An interesting mix of 'old' establishments and the new.

3 - We ate well - Our dining took us from Arbys & Dennys to The Moose Jaw, Sarentos, and Houlihans. All of them were good with friendly people.

4 - There was a lot of people there - but nothing ever felt crowded. In Branson there are a lot a people there and it feels like it. Driving around was easy any time of day.

5 - The tourism is not really attached to 'The Dells'. I know there were boat tours on the lake but I was surprised that most attractions really had nothing to do with the lake. (At Lake Ozark a lot of things are connected to the lake).

6 - I found the international work force interesting. There was never any problem figuring out who was from Wisconsin and who was from Moscow. I think these workers see an interesting cross-section of America working in the Dells.

7 - Thank You Dells - we had a great time and plan to return when the boys get big enough to ride roller coasters and big waterslides.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Observations of the Dells (from a rookie)

Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for visiting.

2. Re: Observations of the Dells (from a rookie)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 05, 2009