We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dissapointed...ideas anyone?

Wisconsin
10 posts
Save Topic
dissapointed...ideas anyone?

I have been planning my vacation to the dells with my boyfriend, his younger brother, and his brothers friend. My boyfriend and I are both 18. Unfortunately, I just found out that although we can rent a room in some hotels/motels (many require you to be 21, but some allow you to if you are 18), EVERYONE in the party has to be 18. This means we won't be able to go, since the younger brother and his friend are not yet 18. And, understandably, our parents will not let us go alone. Does anyone have any ideas? Would a campground have the same rules? Thanks in advance for any help.

Gillett, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dissapointed...ideas anyone?

I'm pretty sure I was under 21 when I camped at Dell-Boo.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dissapointed...ideas anyone?

I'm pretty sure you can camp at state parks without everyone being 18. I know that Devil's Lake's reserved sites are always booked well in advance, but I think they do reserve some for walk-ins. You might contact them directly to find out more.

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dissapointed...ideas anyone?

I would gather a list of places you want to stay and call them. Explain that you are the childrens guardian and see what they say. Good Luck.

3rd Chaise to the...
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dissapointed...ideas anyone?

As an afterthought, perhaps the places you want to stay would be more willing if you gave them a bigger deposit? I'm sure they are concerned about potential room trashing...

5. Re: dissapointed...ideas anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 05, 2009