We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin Spa Resort

Manhattan, IL
1 post
Save Topic
Wisconsin Spa Resort

Some friends and I are planning a girls spa weekend for my 40th birthday. We are coming from the Joliet, IL area and several girls seem to think a drive to the Dells would be a bit too far to travel.

Does anyone have suggestions of a nice resort that will accommodate about 10 women? We are mostly looking for a great spa experience.

So far I've looked into Lake Lawn Resort and the Renaissance Resport & Spa (friends thought it was too far). It didn't seem like the Lake Lawn got very good reviews.

Any ideas?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
295 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wisconsin Spa Resort

We haven't stayed their ourselves, but there's a place called the Sundara Spa that is probably what you're looking for, if you're willing to splurge on price. Check it out here:

http://www.sundaraspa.com/

Gillett, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wisconsin Spa Resort

Since you're coming from Illinois and the Dells is too far, what about the Grand Geneva Resort and Spa? Lake Geneva shouldn't be too far and I've heard it's very nice.

www.grandgeneva.com/

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wisconsin Spa Resort

Today's Wisconsin State Journal notes that 10 properties have received Four Diamond ratings in Wisconsin. (AAA Diamond Awards) Included in the 10 are Grand Geneva Resort and Spa and Gilbert's Restaurant in Lake Geneva.

Level Contributor
170 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wisconsin Spa Resort

You might want to try The American Club in Kohler, Wis. We're near you and it's not a bad ride up there. There's quite a bit to do- wine tastings, massages, swimming and a number of very good restaurants on site. There's a nice spa there.

5. Re: Wisconsin Spa Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 02, 2009