We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

Which Wisconsin Dells hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

Two years age my wife kids and myseil went to the waterpark. Great time!!! We are considering staying at the resort. Would like to hear from anyone who stayed at the resort. Good of bad.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
944 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

The hotel part is the same. What has changed is the addition of Mt. Olympus which has rollercoasters, go carts and outdoor waterslides, an indoor coaster and bumper cars. You may have seen the coasters and gocarts when you were visiting 2 years ago but it when by a different name. Check out the website http://www.mtolympusthemepark.com/

St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

Any other help out there?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

My husband and I stayed at Treasure Island last year in July for 3 nights with our 2 sons ages 5 & 11. It is worth the money because for everyday that you stay with them the waterpark and rides are all free and that's a great deal when you have kids, you save money and you really don't have to go anywhere else cause they pretty much have everything. But, just make sure that everyday you go to the office and get a new wristband, Treasure Island changes the color everyday, we were not told about this and after we waited in line for about 45 minutes when, the worker there told us we had on the wrong wristbands, he let us get on the ride anyways, but it was a big hassle to go all the way back to the office to get the right ones.

On the bad side make sure your clear that you want to stay in the Treasure Island part of the hotel,,,, we paid about $540 for hotel which I thought was great considering everything else was free, but when we got to the hotel the lady at the front desk told us that we had booked a room with the Pleasentview MOTEL which is right behind them but it is owned by Treasure Island, needless to say I was upset because the lady on the phone never told us that this rate was lower because we would be at the motel next door. Anyways of course upgrading was near to impossible because it was going to be way to much money and they really didn,t have anything left because it was JULY..Well we stayed in the motel wasnt great , but when were are on vacation we spend really littel time in our room. BUt overall it was still worth the money. Hope I helped..

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
400 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

I just got back from staying at Treasure Island March 4-7. I had three boys, age 2 1/2, 11, & 14. We went to the waterpark the first and second day(only half the day). The boys were bored of it by then. We had more fun in the indoor amusement park area. All the rides were included with staying. I had found a great rate on their website and called to make the reservation. We got the 3rd night FREE! We stayed in a king suite. I highly recommend that room, however everything is VERY dated. The room was dimly lit and had mint green walls and NO waterpressure in the shower. Also, during the week, the waterpark closed at 8pm and the amusement park closed at 4pm. I thought the times were VERY early. So, we spent quite a bit of time in our room. The parks also didn't open until 10:30 each day. Treasure Island wouldn't be my choice to stay, if we go again. Oh, and alot of the restraurants weren't even open yet.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

smurf2001, you have to remeber that you were in the dells on there off peak season, when you go june, july & august the theme park is opened i beleve til 10pm.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

My family of six stayed at Treasure Island last Memorial Day weekend. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters--which had two bedrooms, a living room with sleeper sofa and a kitchenette area (small refrigerator and sink and microwave), and a balcony. The room was comfortable for us. It was not the most upscale accomodations in the Dells, but it was pleasantly decorated and very clean.

We loved the outdoor amusement park and the indoor amusement park! The outdoor waterpark was fine, but quite crowded. The indoor waterpark was ok, but not in the same league as the Kalahari's or Wilderness' or the Great Wolf. Treasure Island had a nice game room also.

There are just snack bar type of eating places at Treasure Island. But plenty of restaurants nearby the hotel.

We wouldn't hesitate returning to Treasure Island in the summer. The inclusion of that outdoor and indoor amusment park, as well as the outdoor/indoor waterpark, makes Treasure Island the funnest resort in the Dells for summertime fun. And we've been to most of the Dells resorts (Kalahari, Wilderness, Great Wolf and Polynesian).

However, I'm not sure that we would stay at Treasure Island during the winter. The decor of the Great Wolf and the Kalahari and the Wilderness, their beautiful indoor waterparks, and their in-house restaurants makes them a more comfortable getaway when the weather outside is cold.

St Louis
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

Great info about the other hotel. I would want to stay on the treasure island property. Thanks. I think we will stay here.

8. Re: Treasure Island Water & Theme Park Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, August 12, 2009