We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

superior

Which Superior hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Byron, MN
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Topic
superior

We are planning on staying in Superior in aug and would like to know if anyone has any fun places to visit.

Thanks

Byron, MN
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: superior

bump

Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: superior

I haven't spent too much time in Superior, but just across the bridge in Duluth there is alot to do. We love to bring a picnic to the sandy beaches on the east side of the lift bridge...it's very relaxing. Skyline drive is beautiful and a stop at Enger Tower is always a must. Back down by the lift bridge is canal park with the maritime museum...we usually bring our old bread to feed the seagulls. Lots of antique shops to look at. The Glensheen Mansion is very interesting. We usually head north from Duluth. There is sooo much hiking at the state parks on the North Shore

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: superior

Yes, the Glensheen, former Condon estate, is full of glamour and gore. A murder even involved with this mansion...plus just interesting to see. Don't miss it!

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: superior

We also like the Vista Fleet boat cruises.

Deerfield, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
126 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: superior

I went to college in Superior from 95-98. Since you are going to be there in August, it should be warm enough to go swimming in Lake Superior. There is a nice beach near Barker's Island.

There is also a couple of museums in Superior, including the Richard I Bong Heritage Center and a tour of the SS Meteor. I went on a tour of the SS Meteor back in the day. I was okay for the small admission price.

I hate to say it, but there is more to do in Duluth. The story goes that Superior was going to be "the Chicago of the north." However, the gentlemen who were going to develop Superior made the property values so high that everyone went over to Duluth.

Duluth is gorgeous. Head down to Canal Park and watch the ships come in. You have to eat at Grandma's when there. It's my wife's favorite. Someone already mentioned Enger Tower, which has great views of the area.

Between Duluth and Superior, there are dozens of things to do.

6. Re: superior

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 12, 2009