We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Door county this weekend

Which Sturgeon Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Door county this weekend

We only have two days! Best place to stay for family beach fun...two boys 12&9 yrs old.

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Door county this weekend

I don't know if there are vacancies, but Gordon lodge is great for beach fun! And DO NOT miss PC Junction with kids that age. Super fun- you sit at a counter where a train delivers your food, and there are pedal bikes on the other side of the parking lot that our whole family adores whipping around on. (We're in DC right now, and all our kids have been begging to do us go back.) Have a BLAST!

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Door county this weekend

You are making plans way too late. Contact the visitor bureau at doorcounty.com and ask them to send you a list of places with vacancies. Then, pick a couple and come back and ask us about them.

At this late point, I would not limit yourself to lodgings with their own beach. There are not that many of them.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
995 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Door county this weekend

Try this...good luck!

doorcounty.com/where-to-stay/search-by-date

chicago area
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Door county this weekend

Try the Newport in Egg Harbor, even if you can only get a 1bedroom they have a pull out sofa in the living room. Nice outdoor pool, a huge indoor pool and hot tub and a small arcade room. We like the indoor pool in case of bad weather. You are just a short drive from the Egg Harbor beach as well as the above mentioned P.C Junction, just get there as early as possible, they open at ten a.m. You can also walk into Egg Harbor from the Newport, some nice shops and a handful of restaurants, your kids would like Shipwrecked. They also have bikes you can use but I would go to Peninsula State Park and rent bikes from Nor Door or Edge of Park and cruise through the park. Afterwards you can eat at Wild Tomato, great pizza and beer selection. If this is your first trip I know you will find very quickly that two days is no where near enough time, but it's a good primer, enjoy!

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Door county this weekend

Thank you everyone for all the helpful info!

We won't be visiting door county this weekend, but are working on a time to come and visit when we have at least three or four full days!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Door county this weekend

If there's any chance to take advantage of mid-week, you'll have a much easier time for accommodations. I hope it works out for you soon.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
187 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Door county this weekend

I am here in Door County right now (although it feels more like October than July today, heheh) and I saw a "Vacancy" sign at the Beachfront Inn in Baileys Harbor. Good luck, whenever you decide to go -- you'll have a great time.

8. Re: Door county this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, March 04, 2015