We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

------Cheese Curds------

Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
------Cheese Curds------

Would like to know if the Cheese Curds can be shipped to another state---and if so how would they be shipped to stay fresh??? I had the opportunity to try this product back in Sept.08 when I visited Richland Center---and found it to be very tasty----

Please let me know---

Thank you

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ------Cheese Curds------

www.wisconline.com/attractions/cheese.html

http://www.meistercheese.com/ is this the place you got it, you can check their website for shipping details. You can ship cheese. Certain times of the year like now would be ideal, but you can contact them about specifics in shipping.

Madison
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
930 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ------Cheese Curds------

We ship Meister cheese annually; no snags ever. They use dry ice in the summer to keep it cold, and the rest of the year they use extra packaging as a precaution.

That said, cheese curds only taste really good when they are really fresh. They should squeak when you bite into them! After a day or two, they lose that freshness, and some flavor as well.

You might be better off shipping some of the many cheeses they have with bits of stuff in them, particularly the morel one, given that you are going to the festival. Be sure to check out the steak feed!

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,624 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ------Cheese Curds------

OhioChicky,

I ship curds to my brother in law in Colorado every year in November for his birthday over night. The trick with cheese curds is to not keep them in the fridge! Let them sit out on the table in the bag! They will stay good and squeeky for a number of days. Even though they are so darn good and so darn rich, eat them up ASAP, and then just order some more! Hey do your part for economic stimulous! LOL

IMHO the very best cheese curd in the state are from Union Star dairy in Zittau Wi. Trust me, I am a cheese curd pig!I sample them wherever I go. These babies are off da hook!!

F4B

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ------Cheese Curds------

We love the ones in Rudoplh, WI. Wisconsin Dairy State Cheese.

We ship cheese and cheese curds to friends in Missouri every year since they hate their cheese. It is possible!

Enjoy

WI
Level Contributor
69 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ------Cheese Curds------

Wisconsin Cheese Curds are a wonderful treasure. The best is to eat them straight out of the vat--that was the old days. They are still best eaten as soon as bagged as possible. Once they are refrigerated the trick I use is to heat them up in the microwave for just a little bit--10-15 seconds depending on how many on the plate. Not as good, but a pretty good darn second.

The next trick is to freeze them and then bread them and deep fry them. Not to long or you will lose the cheese and don't skip the freezing part. Oh, now there's a treat. And Healthy well, ok if I stretch it, you have a great dairy product. Better then the deep fried candy bars I've heard about. Carr Valley Cheese In LaValle and Mauston, very good Cheese.

eatcurds.com/StaticPages/WI-Cheese-Curd-Map.… Wisconsin even has its own Curd Map.

Good Eating

A proud cheese head

6. Re: ------Cheese Curds------

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Richland Center