We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early 1900 history

Which Racine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, Wiltshire
3 posts
Save Topic
Early 1900 history

I am researching family connections and have heard that a great uncle was killed in an accident and has been buried in Racine, Wisconsin in 1901. There is some mention of rail accident but cannot verify for certain. Could any one helpor put me in touch with someone who can. I would like to follow up with a visit in the future

Thank you, Eryl (Gt Britain)

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,216 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early 1900 history

Try this website www.racineheritagemuseum.org. You may be able to get some information online or find someone to contact at the local museum.

I will send you a personal message on Trip Advisor. I see you are a new member, so hopefully you can figure out how to find your personal messages.

Salisbury, Wiltshire
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early 1900 history

Hi przyk, thank you for your prompt reply, I will follow on your advice.

Cheers Eryl

Salisbury, Wiltshire
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early 1900 history

Hi przyk, Your offer of some help would be appreciated. My great uncle Evan Lewis Evans born in Wales circa 1871 emigrated to the US, worked on the railways, involved in an accident and died 15 Oct 1901. We are not sure if the accident was to do with his work or not.

If you find any relevant details could you contact me please and if it is possible to supply duplicates of either accident report or newspaper reports etc, let me know what costs would be involved. Thank you in anticipation,

Cheers Eryl

Over the Rainbow
Level Contributor
518 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Early 1900 history

gendisasters.com/data1/wi/trains/uniongrove-… - 54k -

Try this link. It sounds like the accident to which you refer.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early 1900 history

Wow. Nice job HenleyHead.

6. Re: Early 1900 history

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 24, 2009