We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Date ideas

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Good Date ideas

I'm fairly new to the Milwaukee area and I need some help. I'm looking for a good restaurant for a romantic dinner and for drinks afterward. I would like to keep the tab for 2 at or under $100 or so for everything including wine. I like eclectic type restaurants that offer something a little different then just your traditional supper club fare. Someplace with a romantic vibe would be great. Location does not matter.

Also looking for someplace to have drinks afterward that would be a quieter type bar with good wine and cocktails. Someplace that has live jazz/piano music that you can have good conversation would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,866 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Date ideas

For a romantic dinner I like the Pasta Tree on Farwell. You will find not your trraditional spaghetti and meatballs, but creative poasta dishes. Pasta with walnuts in a cream sauce is one that comes to mind. Dinners are around or under $20.00, so you could get by on less than $100 even with wine and dessert.

I am blanking out on a quitet bar, sorry. Maybe someone else can help.

san diego
Level Contributor
129 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Date ideas

Since no one else is chiming in, I thought I'd add my two cents. Apparently there's a piano bar in the Third Ward called Centanni's. I say "apparently" because I've never actually been there, I've only viewed their web site. From the pictures, however, the place appears to be very cozy and very romantic. The web address is centannipianobar.com.

Gillett, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Date ideas

Sanford would be a nice place for dinner.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,866 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Date ideas

Sanford is very nice, but can you get out of there for $100.00?

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Date ideas

Definitely not! Same owners have Coquette Cafe in the third ward. Nice, romantic, Country French, that would fall within your budget.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Date ideas

Thanks for all the ideas. It is very hard in a town where you are a newbie!

Keep the ideas flowing if anyone has any additional thoughts. I will use it for future reference!

J

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
33 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Date ideas

I would try Kil@wat at the Intercontinental Hotel downtown. Kil@wat has a great eclectic menu and the atmosphere is quite unique. Plus, it's relatively new (only been open for about 2 months) so it has a fresh, clean feel.

8. Re: Good Date ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 20, 2009