We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

Can anyone give me a safe area and hotel near Miller Park?...Maybe a nice suberb of Mil. Would rather drive a little than get my car broken into. Thanks

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,361 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

Brookfield or Waukesha are safe bets. You probably want to stay west of the stadium so you don't have to deal with downtown freeway construction.

Actually the downtown area is pretty safe, but if you are more comfortable in a suburban setting Brookfield is probably your best bet.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

How safe is the north shore area? I'm thinking about the Radisson Milwaukee North Shore (7065 N. PORT WASHINGTON ROAD)

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

We have been living out of the La Quinta Inn and Suites for the past 6 weeks that is on the North Shore (in the Glendale, Whitefish Bay area). We have found that area to be safe with restaurants and shopping. There are a few iffy neighborhoods a little to the west, but nothing that bothers us at the hotel.

You have close access to Int. 43 to take you into downtown (albeit through some construction).

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

I agree with przyk on staying in Brookfield. The north shore will be a real pain driving through downtown road construction to Miller Park. There is a Hampton Inn, LaQuinta, and Motel 6 at Barker Rd (exit 297) and I94. Lots of restaraunts nearby, and 10-15 minutes from Miller Park. Very safe suburban area. If you are driving from St Louis you can come in via I43, exit at Moorland Rd toward Brookfield, and you will never have to deal with our downtown road construction mess during your entire trip.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,361 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

The Radisson recently purchased a Manchester Suties and I believe they are or were in the process of remodeling. I don't know the status, but I wouild find out before booking the Radisson North Shore. There is also construction on Port Washington Rd, although I am not sure of the status of the road right by the Manchester. Heygordo reported in a recent post about the problems he had getting to Kopps on Port Rd, about a mile or two south of the Manchester.

And, as JCK720 points out, Brookfield is in the best direction for your arrival from St. Louis. I would think you will take I-39 up thru central Illinois to I-43 at Beloit, WI to avoid Chicago traffic.

I should also point out that if you are going to a Friday or Saturday night game at Miller Park I-94 from Broolfield to Miller Park wil be no picnic. You can take Bluemound Rd (the main thoroughfare in Brookfield) and have a much easier drive than the freeway. There is a Miler Park parking lot entrance from Bluemound Rd

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

I would go with the Brookfield people....MUCH easier to get too Miller Park that way than from the North side...otherwise up by Mayfair Mall there are a couple of nice hotels in that area...there is a Best Western on Hwy 100 and Bluemound Rd....think it's still open..but a fairly new (like 7 or 8 years old) Holiday Inn Express by Mayfair Mall...that is reasonable..right in the middle of a bunch of restaurants..and across from the mall..this will be listed as in Wauwatosa..I'm guessing it's like 5 miles or so??..(if that)..

If you want more choices..I agree..look on Moorland Rd. in Brookfield..there is a Sheraton...an Embassy Suites...can't remember all the rest..but like 4 hotels in Brookfield on Moorland Rd. that would be about 8 miles into Miller Park...both areas would be very nice..great restaurants and shopping..etc...

Have a great time

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

We stayed at the homestead inn in Brookfield and loved it.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

Hotels downtown are safe, and your chances of having your car broken into are probably the exact same as in any suburb. Just don't leave anything valuable in your car. Also many hotels offer shuttles to the ballpark, as do some bars and restaurants.

Downtown hotels give you more access to great downtown restaurants and bars, special attractions, museums, the lakefront, and is where the fun is at.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

Not aware of a "Homestead Inn" in Brookfield. Hampton Inn?

Gillett, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe area/hotel near Miller Park

Midway hotel on Hwy. 100 & Bluemound was leveled a few years ago and is now St. Joseph Hospital Outpatient Center.