We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Friendly...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Friendly...

I was pleased to find a good list of pet friendly hotels and areas in Milwaukee (well done!). However, the big question is this: are dogs allowed in Henry Maier Festival Park? Not the Marcus Amphitheater of course, but the rest of the grounds?

Mentioned in this post
Henry Maier Festival Park
Henry Maier Festival Park
287 Reviews
Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Friendly...

I would be inclined to say definitely no, but I couldn't find anything on the website to verify. I imagine only service animals are allowed.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Friendly...

Each event may have their own policy, but I highly doubt dogs are allowed, except service dogs.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
530 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Friendly...

The Iron Horse is pet friendly and very close to the grounds but highly doubtful dogs are allowed on the grounds.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Friendly...

Thanks all, that's what I thought. Just deciding whether or not it's a good idea to bring the little guy with us. I don't want him to be in a hotel room alone while we're out having a good time next summerfest! I'll find a sitter and live without him for the week :(

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet Friendly...

No, no, no. I was hoping you were talking about visiting one of the smaller festivals. Dogs and Summerfest crowds would not mix.

Mentioned in this post
Summerfest
Summerfest
112 Reviews
Milwaukee, WI
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pet Friendly...

Not to worry, I've decided it's wisest to leave him in Toronto. But, he's quite used to crowds of 100,000 plus, he's a little party animal! My daughter is in the music industry, and he's always at concerts and festivals. I just pick him up when the shows are on! But...he'll just miss Summerfest (but I won't!)

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Summerfest
Summerfest
112 Reviews
Milwaukee, WI
7. Re: Pet Friendly...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 01, 2014