We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 2013

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
July 2013

Hi everyone, greetings from the Uk. I've just booked a 3 day visit to Milwaukee, in early July 2013.

What would you recommend we see, in the short time that we are there?

We are reliant on public transport to get around.

It does look a lovely city, Hope you can help.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7,842 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: July 2013

Depends on your interests, of course.

Summerfest, billed as the world's largest music festival will be at the Lakefront. www.summerfest.com

Harley-Davidson Museum www.harley-davidson.com

Milwaukee Art Museum www.mam.org

Milwaukee Public Museum www.mpm.edu

Shops & restaurants in the Third Ward www.historicthirdward.org

Brewery tours www.lakefrontbrewery.com www.millercoors.com

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: July 2013

wow, that was quick, thank you ever so much for taking the time to reply. We will be in town from the 6th to the 9th ... so want to try and cover as much as possible.

do you know if anyone does a town tour?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
7,842 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: July 2013

www.historicmilwaukee.org

www.milwaukeefoodtours.com

www.edelweissboats.com

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,002 posts
117 reviews
4. Re: July 2013

The suggestions above are great I would add to it The Domes/Mitchell Park Conservatory:

…milwaukee.gov/MitchellParkConserva10116.htm

I especially second the Lakefront Brewery tour, Sprecher is also good with fun sodas (soft drinks, pop).

www.kopps.com for great burgers and custard.

www.usingers.com

Comedy Sportz is a fun show in town: www.comedysportzmilwaukee.com/main_page.html

If you're into sports you could check out a Brewers game in town (baseball).

I don't know if you're traveling with children at all but Discovery World is a great museum on the water by the art museum to check out (great for elementary aged school kids on up through adults).

At the Milwaukee Public Museum highlights for me: the live butterfly exhibit (bigger ones made it really neat), the "Streets of Old Milwaukee" and the "European Village". You could easily spend the better part of a day there as there is much to see.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: July 2013

I hope you are staying in a downtown hotel. Bus transportation is not the greatest in some parts of the city.

Summerfest is a huge music festival on the Milwaukee lakefront. It runs thru July 7th, so it will be on for the first few days you are here. If you are interested in music you should plan on attending.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: July 2013

I'll add another nice local brewery tour.....good beer from a small brewery, the Milwaukee Brewing Company:

http://mkebrewing.com/tours/

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: July 2013

Luckily, you'll be in Milwaukee at the best time of year. I'm convinced that summer in Milwaukee is so fun because we're cooped up too long in the winter! I don't know if you'll be visiting other US cities at all, but if not, check out Bradford Beach. It will definitely be warm enough for some sand volleyball and we have a great lakefront.

I definitely second the Milwaukee Food Tour. Not only do you get to eat (not just samples) some great food, but the tour guides are also informative about the history of Milwaukee and the different neighborhoods.

I also second the Milwaukee Brewing Company Tour. You will get more than your money's worth in beer. I prefer it over any of the brewery tours in the city.

WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,002 posts
117 reviews
8. Re: July 2013

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60097-d27… Lakefront Brewery.

This is a fun tour and gets great reviews too

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: July 2013

wow guys, some great replies there, thanks ever so much. Lots to take in.

Yes we are staying downtown, near government transit station. We're leaving our grown up kids in the UK, so have plenty of options. I like my beer and history. As for sport, well i love all sorts, including hockey, football [nfl, cfl], volleyball, as for baseball ....... well i watch some of the highlights on line, so would like to experience a game.

the boat trips sound great, will probably give that a go and as for music fest .... i'll go look it up and see what that is all about.

we'll be eating out and about town .. so the tour idea sounds perfect. We also welcome ideas and recommendations of where to eat out at night

I must say that this friendly response, is a great advert for the citizens of Milwaukee. Thanks everyone .... keep the ideas coming

Edited: 3:16 pm, January 15, 2013
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: July 2013

oops .. got minneapolis and milwaukee confused! we're staying in milwaukee at the intercontinental ...... sorry about the confusion, the uk beer is kicking in!