We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
118 posts
550 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

We'll be in Milwaukee this coming Satruday for just one day and would like to find a place for a nice dinner (good and/or creative food - not necessarily expensive) as well as somewhere for an early breakfast (7 am) before heading for the airport. We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency - any recommendations for restaurants withing walking distance (maximum a mile?) would be appreciated!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,364 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

Kilowat in the Intercontinental Hotel, Rudy's Mexican, Water Street Brewery, Molly Cools seafood are a few within a few blocks of the Hyatt.

George Webb across 3rd street from the Hyatt serves a basic, reasonably priced breakfast.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

I've heard good things about The Rumpus Room on Water St. (across the river and up about a block from your hotel). It's a new gastropub with a pretty interesting menu.

If you have a car, I would recommend Miss Katie's Diner (1900 W Clybourn) for breakfast, otherwise I'm not too familiar with breakfast places downtown. Let's see what other TAers have to say...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,910 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

We haven't been th The Rumpus Room, but the Bartolottas tend to do a great job running a restaurant.

We like Thai Palace, China Gourmet, Rudy's.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
118 posts
550 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

Thanks all for the recommendations - will check these restaurants out! We do have a car - is Miss Katies on the way to the airport? Only other thing is the diner opens at 8 am on Sunday - how long would it take to get to the airport from there?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9,910 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

The airport is about 15 minutes due south of DT. Miss Katie's diner is a bit west of DT, but not far.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

I will concur with the Rumpus Room, its very good, but plan ahead, as it often has a wait.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,181 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

I was going to suggest Louise's on Wells for their stuffed French toast, but they don't open until 10:00. George Webb's would definitely be the real Milwaukee.

8. Re: Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, August 24, 2013