We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
232 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

Just an fyi the new stage at summerfest is awesome. Ampetheater style with lots of room. Also new bathrooms with real mirrors and plenty of water fountains.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,829 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

I agree!! As a "legacy M&I", now BMO Harris employee, I am delighted that the coproration invested so much money in Milwaukee.

Madison, Wi
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

The BMO Harris Pavilion is a great venue, kinda like a "mini" Marcus Amphitheater. Sightlines are decent, acoustics pretty good and real restrooms close by.

That being said during SUMMERFEST the Blue Circle Pass needed to get into the front 2500 seats is a joke. The first half were given out on Ticketmaster for a $5 fee but the system did not work well with over 75% of people getting kicked off the site even after hitting the submit button. The balance are available DOS. My daughter and I went on June 30th to see Alice Cooper. We got to the grounds at 10AM and were the first people in line at the South Gate which opened at Noon. Then you need to go to the inside ticket office and wait until 2PM for the passes.

Now all of this is posted and we knew it to be the case so I have no qualms with that procedure. BUT... here is where it gets just plan unbelievable. All common practice says first in, first up get Front Row tickets. Well we went to the window as first in line were handed our 2 passes turned around and went - Are you effen kidding me - ROW W. First in line and we get 23rd row, some folks about 75th in line got Row B.

Nowhere does it say that they are a random draw and the people working the window tell you when you get them they are "Best Available". To that I say Horse Hockey and if they are randomly passed out then state that but seriously it is a joke.

Now I know that BMO Harris Bank has very little to do with this but they need to remember when anyone speaks about the fiasco that is the Blue Circle pass at Summerfiest they state it is at the - BMO Harris Pavilion - so their name will always be associated with this mess.

Oh yeah - Alice was amazing

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

The ticketing process for the BMO and the Marcus are frustrating. For the Marcus you have to pay big bucks to have access to the best tickets. Members of bands' fan club or other pre sale options offered to American Express cardholders and the like take the next best seats.

The BMO Harris Pavilion is only in it's second year, so I don't think the ticket process is well understood yet, and it did change from the first year.

The good thing about the BMO Harris is there are really good unreserved seats on a first come first served basis. Had you asked me I would have suggested that you just go and camp out at the unreserved seats sometime in the mid afternoon rather than deal with the ticketing process.

I think the debate will go on for many years about whether it's best to have a reserved seat ticket arrangement like the BMO Harris or the other option for front row seating at the other stages. That option is to sit at the stage from noon until the show starts at 10pm. Neither option is good. But hey, it's Summerfest !

The final option would be to purchase tickets on the secondary market. I don't know what Alice Cooper tickets were going for. Looking at Craigslist right now Styx tickets are going for $10 to $20. I bought tickets for Steve Miller last year off Craigslist for $15 each.

Madison, Wi
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

So you are recommending that I go buy tickets that are FREE off of Craig's List?

As I said I have no problem with having to get there early stand in que for hours to go do it again at another ticket booth but when the "norm" for tickets is not followed and it is not posted that the passes given at that time are random draw something is wrong, let me repeat wrong with the process.

Up until about 3 days before the initial Ticketmaster option for Blue Circle an email sent to Summerfest garnered the answer of "We are still working on that" when asked about the process for this year. Yes it is new but this IS the second year so there were almost 40 weeks from the closing of Summerfest 2012 to the initial option on Ticketmaster for 2013. It is a single stage it is not like you are trying to do this at all of the stages.

It is what it is and that to say the least was disappointing

Edited: 8:21 pm, July 02, 2013
Madison, Wi
Level Contributor
3 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

PS - the ticket states right on the front -- Complimentary-Not Resale so telling me to buy from a secondary source is equally as disappointing as the process itself. If you read the disclaimer on the back this would be a serious violation although I doubt if it is ever enforced

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

I was just trying to list all the options for getting tickets, not telling you what to do.

Be disappointed, be mad, be whatever you want, but as you said "it is what it is". There is no perfect system for distributing tickets.

7. Re: Summerfest BMO Harris Pavillion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014