We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park and fly option during summerfest

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Topic
park and fly option during summerfest

I am looking for a hotel on 7/4 for a park and fly on 7/5 that is reasonably close to summerfest. The only ones I have found would be a $40 cab ride each way. Any suggestions?

Thanks Mel

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: park and fly option during summerfest

What is your objective? Are you wanting to attend summerfest and then fly out and leave your car at the hotel? Or are you trying to find a hotel that lets you leave your car and get transportation to summerfest?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: park and fly option during summerfest

I would like to come down the 4th, go to summerfest, then leave the car at the hotel for the rest of the trip, with a nice bonus of transportation option to summerfest cheaper than the cab option. Possible?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
227 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park and fly option during summerfest

Ah, yes. I would recommend a hotel near the airport. There are a few along Howell that have park and fly options. Then, for summerfest, there are shuttle buses that pick people up from park and ride lots. The closest to the airport would the one at College Ave. You park there and the shuttle takes you to and from summerfest for around $6.50 roundtrip (cash only, you pay all upfront). It is a very popular way to go saves you parking and the hassle. Here are some hotel possibilities that are all good (my parents have stayed at two of them)

Clarion-airport

clarionhotel.com/…

Super 8

super8.com/hotels/…

Wyndham

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MKEAP/main.wnt

And the summerfest park-n-ride options...You want the Freeway Flyer Service information. Click on the map to see the various lots.

ridemcts.com/Routes-Schedules/…

To get to the College Ave lot, if you are staying at one of the three hotesl above, or another one near there, you can drive south on Howell Ave to College Ave and turn Right. The lot is just before the highway.

edited: You could also consider the park-n-ride at Holt Ave. That one you would drive north on Howell Ave to Holt and then turn left. Go under the highway and the lot is on the right. I live near the airport and usually use that one.

Edited: 5:41 pm, May 21, 2012
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: park and fly option during summerfest

Thanks!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: park and fly option during summerfest

Am I correct in thinking the College Ave park and rides are the closest to the airport hotels?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,300 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: park and fly option during summerfest

The Holt Ave park n ride is another option for airport area hotels that are on or near Layton Ave.

7. Re: park and fly option during summerfest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, June 22, 2013