We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express Med Center, Hilton Garden Inn???

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express Med Center, Hilton Garden Inn???

I am going to the frozen 4 next week.I have rooms at holiday inn express medical center, hilton garden inn and wyndham downtown(although I really don't want to spend the extra on this room as well as to park my car there). I am flying in and out of Madison. Are any of these more accessible to downtown. Thanks for your help.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express Med Center, Hilton Garden Inn???

The Holiday Inn Express is closer to downtown and in a much better area for restaurants, etc. It is right near Mayfair mall, the best mall in town. Even if you are not interested in shopping you have tons of choices for resturants in the area. The Hilton Garden is in a business park. You would have to drive a little further for resturants and stuff. The Holiday Inn is right off the freeway. I don't know how it is for traffic noise.

The main downtown freeway interchange is under construction, so be aware there are many ramp closures. Check out www.dot.wisconsin.gov and look for info on the Marquette interchange project for up to date info on closures. Also they sometimes have additional closures at night, so if you are into maps and route planning you may study options for surface streets. You can get downtown from the Holiday Inn Express in about 15 to 20 minutes on surface streets.

Brookfield...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express Med Center, Hilton Garden Inn???

I don't know how much more the Wyndham is, but it would be worth it to me to be able to walk to the game, the bars, and back to my room without having to drive around afterward in a strange city with tons of confusing road construction going on.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express Med Center, Hilton Garden Inn???

I agree with jck720. The Wyhdham would be much more convenient. It is just a couple blocks from the Bradley Center and there are a lot of bars and restaurants in the area. If you were flying into Milwaukee you wouldn't even need a car.