We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip Miller Field

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip Miller Field

I'm planning a long weekend for a group in our late 30's, early 40's to Milwaukee that will include a trip to Miller Field. We know that the stadium is not walking distance to hotels/restarants/bars so we know we are staying downtown and will rent a car to go to the game and tailgate. We are VERY young at heart and enjoy throwing back a few so we want to stay somewhere we can walk home from. Intercontinental, Aloft & Hotel Metro seem too fancy? The Hyatt looks good but is a little pricey. I was considering the Residence Inn but I can't tell if it's too far away from the bars and restaurants. Is it?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

The Residence is a very nice hotel right in the center of things. Close walking distance to many restaurants and bars/clubs.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

You might also look at the Best Western Inn Towne as a downtown budget alternative hotel. It's a decent hotel and well located.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

I wouldn't recommend Best Western right now as I believe it's in bankruptcy.

Aloft may seem fancy online - but it's actually pretty casual. Has a fun lobby bar with pool table, and perfect location - right on Old World Third and around the corner from Water St. Just know that parking can cost you up to $25.00 per night!

Try the Doubletree as well - a little further from the bars, but nice property.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

I agree with the suggestion for Aloft, as I feel it has the best location for walkable nightlife/restaurants. The Residence Inn is not too far either and would likely work just fine for your needs...but Aloft has a much better location in my opinion and is a newer, nicer property.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

Residence Inn is a perfect location for a little less expensive price usually. Aloft is kinda at the north end of all the action downtown, still an ok location, but not as good location as Residence Inn.

Enjoy the game, its a great ball park.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

I disagree teena. Residence Inn is further from the action. It's two to three blocks to Water Street bars and Old World Third St bars from Residence Inn. Aloft is 1/2 block from Water Street action and on the same block as Old World Third. AND it has a fun lobby bar. Residence Inn has none.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

leesaover

Either place is fine. You can walk from both locations.

If you stay at the Residence Inn it is just a nece walk down the river walk, to the water street bars. Espceially in the summer. There are a lot of restaurants and bars along the river. Residence Inn is closer to the third ward area which has many unique restaurants and shops. The Market place is closer and its just more in the middle of the whole downtown area.

However if all you want is the water street bars which is full of college students, then yes the Aloft may be closer. I feel the Aloft is at the north end of all the downtown action, thats all.

happy travels

Either one is very walkable to get home after a dinner and too many drinks.

Enjoy the weekend. and the ball game. Our park is very unique

8. Re: Planning a trip Miller Field

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, March 05, 2013