We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in the city this weekend

WIsconsin
7 posts
Save Topic
What to do in the city this weekend

Hey guys. Just remembered I had this membership, and what luck as I've got a huge day coming up (my wife and I's anniversary). I wanted to surprise her with a great dinner and was hoping to get some suggestions. I've already checked out NightByYou.com for some nice dining places (namely Rumpus Room looked wonderful) but wanted everyone's opinion on here as well. So shoot away!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in the city this weekend

Our favorite restaurant for a special occasion meal is Sanford's--IMHO, it can't be beat for food and service.

Mequon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
266 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in the city this weekend

Harbor House is great if you like seafood. The atmosphere is more lively here.

I enjoy Sanford's also. This is a more romantic quiet place.

Have a great time!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in the city this weekend

Milwaukee is loaded with fabulous, original restaurants. If you can narrow down your food choices a bit, we might be able to better guide you.

I would suggest starting around 4:00 or so up at Blu, atop the Pfister, for a cocktail. The sun will just be setting and the view will be outstanding. If you're lucky, the (almost) full moon will also be rising. Mason Street Grill is also a great place to dine - amazing, but pricey steaks.

Rumpus Room is good - and leans more towards the foodie end. I prefer LakePark Bistro myself for a romantic meal.

You could also get a room at the Iron Horse and dine at Smyth - excellent food.

Coquette Cafe is another good bet in the Third Ward.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in the city this weekend

Tess is a restaurant that is a local gem. It is definitely off the beaten path (an old house tucked away in a neighborhood), but they have a great menu. My boyfriend and I always enjoy our experience when we dine there. Roots, Sanford and Bosley are other places that I would recommend. Check out their menu's and see what fits your tastes best. I also agree with Ms_Miltown on the Blu suggestion!

5. Re: What to do in the city this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 14, 2013