We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

Does anyone know of a bar or club that has a bus going to the Thursday night game on September 8th? I and 3 of my friends want to find a way to/from the game without having to drive. Any suggestions?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

I could've sworn this question was asked last fall, but I couldn't find anything looking back through the forum... thus I also couldn't find information that I thought mentioned places that do shuttles. My gut feeling says there are one or two places in the area that do shuttle like this, but I don't think they'd be advertising until closer to gameday.

An option would be to take Greyhound up there, as there is a route that goes from MKE to Green Bay. There obviously wouldn't be the same "tailgate" vibe on that bus, but it would get you there without having to drive.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

By "MKE" I mean the downtown Greyound/Amtrak (i.e. Intermodal) station.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

I found this website. It might be helpful. http://www.packerforum.com/f8/

Doubtful you could get back to Milwaukee by scheduled bus route after a night game at Lambeau, unless Greyhound or someone runs special routes on game days.

I have to believe bars in Milwaukee run shuttles to Lambeau, but I don't know how you find them unless you just call around to some of the bigger sports bars.

Edited: 3:57 pm, August 01, 2011
Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

I would check with places like Saz's, Leff's, Kelly's Bleachers...ect. I also know there are chartered busses that pick up people at the Silver Spring Park and ride, but I'm not sure who they're through. You may also be able to find something through Packer Fan Tours.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

This may be late, but Miss Katie's will let you rent out their bus and drink on the way up to Green Bay. I'm not sure how this is organized, but I'm sure it just takes some advanced planning with the owner!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

I'm retracting my last statement. Miss Katie's always has a bus to Green Bay for home games. I'm not sure about specific details, but I'm sure they would be happy to tell you if you contact them.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

Packer Fan Tours, Visit Milwaukee and Lamers Bus Lines does offer a Packer Game Day Shuttle Bus from Milwaukee to Green Bay!! Bus departs from SPiN Milwaukee in the Third Ward! FREE TICKET GIVE-A-WAY go to:

www.facebook.com/visitmilwaukee

for information and to register for free shuttle ride and tailgate party at Brett Favre's Steakhouse!!!

Shuttle bus is for ALL HOME GAMES!!!

Waukesha, WI
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

Some local party bus rental places sell individual seats for game day shuttles. I know MKESHUTTLE.COM does one and I think BrewCityBus.com also does this.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

Miss Katie's does a shuttle for every home game. I've never taken it (NOT a Packers fan), so I'm not sure about details. I would give them a call before making your plans!

Edited: 4:30 pm, November 08, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus to Packer game from Milwaukee?

Oops... just saw I already responded.