We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Milwaukee

Which Milwaukee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iola, Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Downtown Milwaukee

Looking for a old, unique, no frills, out of the way hotel downtown Milwaukee with easy walking or access to Summerfest.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,299 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Milwaukee

By no frills I assume you mean cheap, although I don't think anyplace is cheap during Summerfest. Looking thru my yellow pages these are the best bets I can see:

Astor Hotel, 922 E. Juneau 800-242-0355 (In Wis)

Best Western INN Towne 710 N 3rd St 800-528-1234

Ramada City Center, 633 W Michigan 414-272-8410

There is also a Howard Johnson's that was just opened in a renovated office building downtown on Wisconsin Av, I don't have a number for it.

Another option you might consider if cost is an issue is staying in a suburban motel and taking a shuttle bus to Summerfest for about $ 5.00 per persn round trip. They are very convenient and easy to find your way. Many bars also offer free shuttles, but I don;t like that option. It is a free for all finding the bar busses for the return from Summerfest, very confusing.

Hope this helps. I am already looking forward to Summerfest too. Have you visited www.summerfest.com? You can get lots of good info. Maybe more on lodging options too, I have never checked it for lodging since I live in Milwaukee.

Madison, WI
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Milwaukee

I would suggest the Park East Hotel. It is fairly inexpensive for being downtown and it is about a 1/2 mile from the north gate of Summerfest. I put up my wedding guests there last year and it worked out really well. I believe they have a website.

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Milwaukee

Plaza Hotel and Motor Inn on Cass St also excellent location. Shuttle service from the Plaza and its sister hotel the Astor use to run during Summerfest.

It is an easy walk down to the festival grounds from the Plaza, Astor and Park East. Enjoy the Greatest Summer Musical Festival in the USA.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
188 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Milwaukee

Another "unique" hotel within walking distance of Summerfest is County Clare, although I wouldn't call it "no frills."

http://www.countyclare-inn.com/