We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break ideas

iowa
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Spring break ideas

We are heading to Milwaukee for spring break with a 8 year old and a 5 year old. Has anyone heard of the The springs waterpark and the Country springs Hotel. I think it is in Waukesa. Is this pretty close to Milwaukee. Also, what are most do's with kids in Milwaukee besides the zoo. Any other kid friendly hotels? We are looking to stay 3 nights!?!?!? Thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Janesville...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Spring break ideas

chaddenise,

I came up with another one of my faves. On Saturday afternoons, there is a impromptu comedy show aimed for kids at Comedysportz in downtown Milwaukee. It is clean fun for everyone. They have their own website at comedysportz.com. (they also have adult shows later in the evening) Even my son, who can't sit still to save his soul was laughing and having a great time. They often have kid birthday parties at the same time so this show has to stay kid oriented. I will think of a few more places and list later.

Mentioned in this post
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Janesville...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Spring break ideas

I came up with some ideas regarding nice hotels close to the freeway and nice amenities including pools. They are the Best Western - Midway in Brookfield and the Country Inn and Suites in Brookfield. These two properties are just off of I-94 and are nice properties. They are close to I-94 and your trip to downtown is very closeby. If you travel after 9:00 a.m. in the morning and before 3:30 in the afternoon on I-94, there should be minimal traffic hassles. However, downtown Milwaukee has some major construction going on right now on I-94. They are building a new interchange and it is a mess. The best thing to do would be to plan your excursion into downtown in advance by checking with the hotel to see what exits are closed or going to mchange.org for more local info. I went down there the other day and my usual exit was closed. Thank god I know the area and did not have any hassles.

Mentioned in this post
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
iowa
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spring break ideas

alwaystosagirl1983,

Thanks for the suggestions. My husband really wants to do the Comedysportz after visiting the Web site. He enjoys comedy. I could not tell from the Web site, but can you also order food during the show?

Denise

iowa
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Spring break ideas

badgerbacker,

I wanted to take your advice on the Hilton Milwuakee with Pardise water park. I tried on the Web site and called the 877# for Hilton. I was informed they are already sold out for the stay with the waterpark. I thought I was getting an early start on this. How can it be booked. I am going to try to call the hotel directly tomorrow to see why they would already be booked for march 13th-16th!!

Janesville...
Level Contributor
489 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Spring break ideas

chaddenise,

I seem to recall that you can get food either before the show or after the show. I do know you can take/purchase beverages in there though. I am sure your husband will enjoy it. It reminds us of the show, "whose line is it anyway". I found another idea for a nice place if the Hilton does not pan out. It is the Holiday Inn Express - near the Milwaukee Airport. They have a nice indoor pool/play area for kids and the cost is not too high. They show pics on their website.

Mentioned in this post
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin