We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

Hi!

Heading to a concert in a couple of days and am looking for recommendations for places in walking distance of the Bradley Center to get good food and good cocktails...don't have to be in the same place. Not opposed to grabbing cocktails at one place and dinner at another.

Thanks so much!!

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

I like Buck Bradley's. Longest Bar East of the Mississippi. Turner's is right across the street, but they're only open until the 4th.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,819 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

I like Buck Bradley's too, and it's very close to the Bradley Center, but you have lots of options if you are willing to walk a few blocks more. Mader's traditional German is also within site of the Bradley Center.

Rudy's Mexican is on Highland just off Water Street and the Water Street Brewery is at Highland and Water.

When you say good cocktails I think of the bar in the lobby of the Intercontinental Hotel. The Kilowat restaurant in the Intercontinental is also good.

If you have something in mind in terms of price or cuisine let us know and I am sure you will get more suggestions.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,819 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

Are you going to see Lady Gaga?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

GaGa it is! I did a quick search of the neighborhood here on Trip Advisor and came up with Molly's Cool Seafood, WI Cheese Bar, and The Red Accordion being at the top of the ratings list. I'm leaning toward The Red Accordion or the Cheese Bar. What do you think? I'm looking for something more than bar fare, but nothing too fancy. Moderately priced, easy to get in and out, and tasty food. Thanks for all of the great suggestions!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,328 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

Ah, just here to say I'm not a big fan of Buck Bradley's. It's an interesting atmosphere, creative name but I'd say the food's only OK. I prefer Turners and am really going to miss it. I'd say Water Street Brewery for a casual meal. There are tons of places around there. Give us a better idea of your interests. Casual sports bar type or more upscale or ethnic?

Indy
Level Contributor
980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

I'm also interested to hear what anyone thinks of Molly Cool's Seafood. Also saw a site about some boat tours. Saw one for Horny Goats Brewery Tour Cruise. Any feedback on that one? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

Thanks for the reply and feedback. I'm definitely not in to pubs & sports bars. I am in to ethnic, inventive, local, reasonably priced (read: quality of food and price are well matched). Not all of these attributes need be in one place...these are just some characteristics I look for when dining out. A wonderful cocktail menu would be a major bonus!! I love upscale, but for this particular visit we will be pressed for time and won't be able to enjoy true dining experience. Thanks so much!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,052 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

We've had good fish at Molly McCool's--and they're on www.restaurtant.com.

Rudy's has decent Mexican food, and it's very reasonable.

For Thai, The King & I and Thai Palace are popular.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

Buck Bradley's is DEFINATELY not a "Sports Bar" and although they have the longest bar east of the Missisippi, they also have a resturaunt attached off of the bar. When I've eaten there, I've liked the food....but different strokes for different folks. In the "Picture Gallery", they have a couple shots of the Resturaunt side.

http://www.buckbradleys.com/index.htm

Edited: 8:54 am, September 02, 2010
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
626 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Food & Drinks near Bradley Center?

I'm late with this post but wanted to add to the thread.

Personally not a fan of Molly Cool's. Service has been subpar there, making for a not so fun experience.

For ethnic experiences close to the Bradley Center, I second the Thai recommendations. I also would recommend Sake Tumi or Umami Moto over on Milwaukee Street, Mader's on Old World Third, or Roots just up the hill. Roots is known for great local food, and they have the more casual root cellar, or the more upscale upstairs.

Lastly, Libiamo in the old Schlitz brewery is often overlooked for inexpensive Italian fare. I had a great pasta bolognese there a few weeks back. It is dark inside, so if it's a sunny day I would suggest dining outside on one of our patios instead.